Possible Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bravo Garage

Reaction score
I have a 98 2 Door Tahoe. I had the transfer case replaced last October. It had a hole in the case and dumped the fluid out. Now I have a loud noise that sounds like it is coming from the transmission area. I have checked the transmission fluid and the transfer case fluid both are full. I have also checked the front and rear differential fluid. Both are full. None of the fluids smell burnt, or look it. Have any suggestions? I know I am pretty hard on my tahoe, I drive it like a race car. lol I use Royal Purple fluids in everthing I own, seams to work the best. It breaks even since I change at 7500 miles instead of 3000 on the oil. Since the price is about double the normal oil prices. Anyone that has suggestions, please comment. :confused2::nonod:

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, we're gonna need a lot more information than "a loud noise I think is coming from the transmission" to help you out? What kind of mileage on the tranny? What kind of "noise" - a whining, a clunk, a metallic noise, ???? When does it make this noise? Does it do it at only certain times (from a stop, on highway, all the time, off road, etc)???? What other mods have you done besides using Royal Purple??

Help us help you...