Power window switch just took a dump...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd thing happened today. I get in my truck, go to put my window down (front driver's side), and nothing happens. I just hear a really loud, dull CLICK...CLICK (two separate clicks for one press of the button). Check the other windows, good to go. No problems. If I keep my finger on the switch, I can physically feel a clunk inside the switch during those two clicks.

Community, what say ye? I don't thing the motor or regulator went out, since it was working fine and hasn't been showing ANY of the typical signs of failure (noise, slowing down, grinding, etc)...this appears to be in the actual switch mechanism itself. Anyone know what this part is, or how much it costs to replace?

1star2

Reaction score
That happened to me and it was the switch. Very easy to replace, the part was like $45. I found it by doing a search on google, I can't remember the name of the site.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like I can't just replace the one switch, I have to replace the entire switch panel, which is more like $80....but still, thats WAY better than the $400 the stealership would probably charge me to put it in. Thanks again for the heads up on the part, bro.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, it's working again. Very strange. The switch is probably on it's way out, but I'll skip spending the $80 for the time being.