Powering Seleniums and Future ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so sometime near in the future i am wanting to do fiberglass enclosure pods for 2 6.5" drivers on each door in the stock location. i can get them for $100 a peice and idk if thats a deal or not. but anyways i wanted to do 4 seleniums up front and since i will have 4 6.5" type R coaxials left do those in the back. now im not sure how much louder the seleniums would be. my questions.

how much louder will seleniums be (and i want them really loud) mid bass isnt a big deal to me. my subs take care of it enough for my likings.

how much of a difference will 8 speakers be vs 4?

will the type Rs be useless compared to the seleniums?

KillerB

Reaction score
I just installed a set of Type-R components in the front doors, and even running them off the factory Bose system they are pretty good. The bass is big and tight, and the highs are noticable and bright. The install was really easy. I used the front door pods from www.customspeakerpods.com The tweeter location is much better than the stock A-pillar location, more directed toward the ear on the driver side.
The pods installed in about 30 minutes per side, and I got the speakers and crossovers mounted and wired in a couple hours.
There are also some pods for the rear doors coming. They will hold a single 5.25" speaker.

B

Attachments

• Dr Front1.jpg
    Dr Front1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Pa Front1.jpg
    Pa Front1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 4

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the type Rs are great and i have a seperate amp for them too, and will be adding another for the seleniums. but those pods are alright, im not totally sure on how much they cost but fiberglassed 6.5" pods with tweeters for 100 bux isnt bad im guessing.

KillerB

Reaction score
The pods are made from plastic, and are stronger than the door panel. They are just under $150 for the set. No squeaks, no rattles, awesome. I've heard of shops charging about $300+ for glassed in pods, and they probably won't look nearly as good.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think glassed in pods look way better, and the guy who is doing them did fiberglassing in a bunch of the competitive SPL vans and what not. a friend of mine knows him and said he will do the pods for 100 bux a peice

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm installing my Infinity component sets prolly today or so. Dunno how they compare to the speakers u want. I have 2 extra sets if you want some infinity'd for $110 per set.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not totally sure if youve heard seleniums or eminences but they are loudspeakers. they run around 60-70 bux a pair. but no thanx on the infinitys