Projector Headlights with HID kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

300C SRT8

Reaction score
I would like to add an HID (6000k) kit to my new 08 Tahoe..but I dont want to do it in the stock housing because the light scatters. I want to get projector headlamps without paying a boatload for a retrofit either. HIDs in a projector housing look way nicer, and change colors when you see them from different angles so it looks cooler...

Anyways, I was looking on eBay on saw these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-C...025QQitemZ380017507313QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Does anyone have these lights and can post pics to show how they look? Anyone know if I can use an HID kit for this, and if I can, what bulb size kit would I need to use?

THANKS!!!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really know much about them except I see in different forums where most aftermarket kids just don't put out like a factory setup would and not even close to good enough. They were all saying that only retrofit was the right way. I don't know but i'd be careful. I'm interested in it too but this has me wary. They said Acura TSX was the easiest of 3 quality ones when this guy did it on like an 01 Silverado I think, much smaller light housing. If you still try it please let me know how it is.