Projector Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have been looking at new headlights for my 02 tahoe. i was thinking of a projector swap cause ive been hearing about them latley on the forum. and i came across a pair on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-06-CHEVY-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BUMPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ004QQitemZ140194498738QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW and i wanted to know if those are a good deal and i see the halos with them. also these im guessing are not HID but are they regular bulbs then? im a little new to the whole halo and projector lights. i have no clue about HID either

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine were about 200 with shipping and parts required, they look alot like what JKmotorsports put in his 02 tahoe. the ones i got have 9005 bulbs in both low and high beams. but those may be just like the stock lights with 9006 in the lows and 9005 in the highs.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have no clue about these. so im guessing thats an alright deal. i would also like to know if its easy converting these to HID

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have no clue about these. so im guessing thats an alright deal. i would also like to know if its easy converting these to HID

mike johnson on this site and full size chevy sells a nice kit, easy to install if you find a good spot to mount the ballets, i found a great spot right next to the radiator but not touching anything. then just put the negative and positive wires on the battery and put the bulbs in, done. that simple

1. un hook battery.

2. take out old bulbs

3. mount ballests

4 put in new bulbs

5 put wires back on battery

6 turn on and your done.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering also, with these HID wat is the normal cost? i was thinking a 8000k b.c i had some1 following me the other night with HID and i could definatly tell they were 12000k and they were very blue and super annoying to my eyes. and i figured 80000k isnt that bad. and highs and lows wats the deal with that. are there 2 differnt bulbs like usual

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for your model there are 2 different bulbs.

im not sure what those houseings use and that confused me when i got mine, i ordered 9006's from mike and they turned out to be 9005 for both low and high beams.

mike sells 9006 and 9005 (plus a variety of other bulb types too) for 149 a piece but has a sale and there at *i think* 139. :thumbsup:

i got 5000k but think thats too much like halagon so i sent them back and requested 6000k as i hope to get more blue.:yesnod: but still want alot of light output.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and 129 a peice? so i would need 2 right. i like the 8000k but have u seen 12000Ks before? its ridiculous haha. and what u were saying about the 9005 and 9006 these are the bulb types and this is about the HID not the projector head lights correct?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and 129 a peice? so i would need 2 right. i like the 8000k but have u seen 12000Ks before? its ridiculous haha. and what u were saying about the 9005 and 9006 these are the bulb types and this is about the HID not the projector head lights correct?

12000k are very annoying and likely around here to get you pulled over.

the 9006 and 9005 are the stock headlight housings and what you order for an hid kit

like if your housings use 9006 you order 9006 hids, atleast for the plug and play.

if the housing is 9005, thats what you order. the housings you posted are most likely 9006 for lowbeam and 9005 for high beam, that is what you need to order for hids from who ever you order from.

149 from mike m johnson on here gets you one kit weather it be the low beams, high beams or fogs for both sides so 149 gets you a low beam kit for pasenger and driver side.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the halos are NOT plug and play though, your going to have to splice into your parking lights for power and solder and heat shrink to get them to work. :thumbsup:

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12000k is purple, 8000k is blue, 6000k is kinda blue-white, 4300k looks like real hid white. 3000k is yellow. i think as the degrees kelvin gets lower the light gets brighter. i could be wrong, as i suck at chemistry.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300- 5300 (maybe 6000) is the best possable light output. the higher you go the more brighter it seems but the less usuable light out put you get. or somthing along that light, i suck at chemestry too. :smilielol:

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you fit HID lights on aftermarket projectors? My friend has aftermarket projectors and the HID bulbs were too long and wouldnt fit

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys... I apologize...

Im looking for the thread where the gentlemen was replacing all his interior lights with LED lights. can someone please direct me!!!

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!! that was it....

Im looking to get off these stock headlights in my kon.. dunno if i wanna go with denali progectors with HID or halos with hid..

anyone got pics of the denali projectors so i can get a good look...

Botches

Reaction score
here ya go...

Attachments

• CLOSE UP CLEAR CORNER AND BULB (2).JPG
    CLOSE UP CLEAR CORNER AND BULB (2).JPG
    302 KB · Views: 1
  • CLOSE UP CLEAR CORNER AND BULB AND HOOK (2).JPG
    CLOSE UP CLEAR CORNER AND BULB AND HOOK (2).JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 1
  • CLOSE UP CORNERS ORANGE BULB (2).JPG
    CLOSE UP CORNERS ORANGE BULB (2).JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 1
  • CLOSE UP OEM CORNERS (2).JPG
    CLOSE UP OEM CORNERS (2).JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 1

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are nice.... hard decision on going with those or halos with projectors..

The decisions we must make in life....