projectors or crystal clears?

CC or Proj?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
enless the law aint buggin you i would go with projectors whether you wire the halos or not, one its better more even light and its legal. plus projectors looks cooler IMO.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear projectors, if you don't run a projector with an hid they will look like sh*t and your fellow motorists will not be amused.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now the CC im looking at arent projectors, but i have seen HIDs with CC (on a 06 silvarado) and they didnt look bad and still put the beam towards the ground....

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have a chance to look at the links i made? im asking because i want to know if your proj. were simular, and if so what kind of problems you have had if any? TIA

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, i went with true HID lenses, they cost more, but better in the long run, at first i had somthing like those, but mine are different as the yukon has a different front end from the tahoe. those look ok, except i would monitor them for heat since they stait that their not compatable with HIDS. but i dont think anybody has had any trouble with them.

i have not installed my hids yet as im waiting for MIKE M Johnson to send me my kit, but got the halos and new projectors with halagons hooked up, you can tell the lenses are raited for hids as the halagons are really DIM in the hid housings.

those look ok, just do a little research.

mine were bought from a local chain ( as far as i know) go-ho-auto-audio. kit was real nice and i installed it my self so im really proud :lol:

GOOD LUCK. :thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at the links on my 1st post, they are basically the same but the housing is black instead of chrome (sorry but i hate chrome, just my .02)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at the links on my 1st post, they are basically the same but the housing is black instead of chrome (sorry but i hate chrome, just my .02)

i went with crome as i didnt think the black would look good with my silver paint, if my truck was black i would have definatly gotton black ones.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking if, i was askin why they weren't...

o, im sorry, the heat of the hids may melt them and since those are for halagon bulbs the beam will be scattard insted of solid like true hid lenses.

that scattering is what causes the glare from them and bothers other motorists, i just told them to quit whining, LOL. but police may stop you.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it cant be any worse then HIDs in the stock halogen housing. the reason that most arent HID compatable is due to the length of the HID bulb. if it is longer then the halogen bulb it is to close to the projector which causes it to melt the housing. im going to measure the length of my HID bulbs compared to the halogen and if the HID is longer then im going with the crystal clears.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it cant be any worse then HIDs in the stock halogen housing. the reason that most arent HID compatable is due to the length of the HID bulb. if it is longer then the halogen bulb it is to close to the projector which causes it to melt the housing. im going to measure the length of my HID bulbs compared to the halogen and if the HID is longer then im going with the crystal clears.

thats what i meant by heat issues, your gunna find that they are longer. but the direct light of the beam is in the middle of the bulb, so it actully is not as big of an issue ad you think.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I've said before, I'm new to the Tahoe world, from the Jeep world in fact so I never really worried about HIDs and what not, just slapped on some 100W beams to the bumper haha. But anyway, because I'm so new, I have no idea what these "crystal clears" are. Can someone put a picture up or link or somethin to give me an idea?? Preciate it