Question: What is that LIGHT for ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guba1977

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

new tahoe-fan from germany ;)

short question:

what is that marked light on the photo for ? it´s not on since i bought the tahoe, as i don´t know how to change the bulbs i wonder if they are burned or its not active in european tahoes.

could anyone tell me ?

- what´s is it for ?
- how do you change the bulbs ?

thanks !

Attachments

• DSC01135 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01135 (Medium).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 11

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just the turn siginal. It has a orange cover over it on the inside. To change it all you do is take out the the top headlight by removing 2 L holders. Then the connection is right there.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light

Is that not the left front turn signal? Or maybe the one that's out is the Daytime Running Light. If so, you're not the only one here who has one burned out. They don't seem to last very long.

To access them just open the hood, and look at the headlight assembly. (above the one you're talking about) Above the housing, on the left and right there are metal rods that resemble "upside down L's" They hold the headlight in place securely. Turn them 90 degrees and pull them up. Now just pull out the headlight. You'll be able to get to the bulbs in the lower housing now. I think you just grab the one you need to change and turn it, then pull out of the housing. One's orange (or really dirty yellow, and one's white)

Replace the bulb, and then return everything the way you found it.

I'm not sure of the bulb type, so it might be best to pull it and get an exact replacement.

It's really easy. It should only take about 5 minutes to do. No tools required!

B

guba1977

Reaction score
Thanks Dude , that was EXACTLY what i was looking for ! thank you so much :)

DutchTBI

Reaction score
Zoetermeer ( Sweetlake City) The Netherlands
I don't know if your Tahoe is an original Euro spec version. Mine is. On my Tahoe that lights comes on when you turn your light switch one (or two) step(s). It's not your turn signal, but it should be on permanent when using your lights.

Last edited:

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bulb is a 194! Takes a total of 5 minutes to change while drinking a cold one. (although a NASCAR or Formula 1 pit crew might do it in 10 seconds)