Quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why the hell would my 4 wheel drive hoe not have posi(limited slip)????
i would have figured being 4 wheel drive all 4 wheels had power when i put it in 4 wheel, but even in two i checked the glove box for the code didnt have it, lifted the ass end up spun one wheel forward the other was moving backwards what the hell

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a positraction can be less traction than a standard rear diff with four wheel drive. Freezing rain, or solid ice can be one of those examples where a non posi truck will go around a corner without losing traction, where a posi can act like a "solid axle" and break loose in the rear.

Chevy makes positraction an option for that reason. :cool2:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. but just because it isn't posi doesn't mean it doesn't have a locker - look for the code G80... - just because u spin one wheel and the other turns the opposite doesn't mean it doesnt have a locker..

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the glove box, take everything out and there is a sticker with a bunch of codes on it