Quietest Riding Tire for our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post your Tires!

Its time for new tires, 20" wheels. Figured what better place to ask than a board full of pampered tahoe/yukon owners! What are yall running that's:

-low on road noise
-good traction
-reasonable on price
-aggressive style

Last edited:

jniolon

Reaction score
I'm running Michelin LTX M/S on my '03... nice and quiet and good wet surface traction...

I got 77K miles out of the first set... couldn't not buy another set...you didn't give size so can't help with price...

costco had best price around me...

here's a link to a pic of them

http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=381

later
John:cool2:

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running nitto 420's on my 22's and so far i'm happy with them. have about 6-7000 on them so far.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are looking at having them on all year or just summer depending where you live?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've running Kumho Ecsta STX i've had them for 2 years just summer time but there is hardly any wear on them they grip extremely well in the rain real real quite and comfortable not badly priced either!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've running Kumho Ecsta STX i've had them for 2 years just summer time but there is hardly any wear on them they grip extremely well in the rain real real quite and comfortable not badly priced either!

My boy runs those on his colorado on 20's. I have to agree with you, they are nice and quite, adn cant beat the price.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i'd diffidently buy them again! I got them on 22's hell they ride than my stockers!

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Michelin LTX. I had them on my pickup for years, and they helped with traction problems due to light bed weight and slick roads.

I'm in Dallas, so I see what you're saying about cold weather not being an issue. The whole metroplex pretty much shuts down at the first sight of snow & ice... but wet roads are another thing, and they handle great on wet streets.

I have LTX on my Hoe now, and they are pretty quiet too. I have stocker rims though, so you'll have to trust someone here running "rubber-bands" as to how well they ride and how quiet they are.

BH

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried the Cooper Xeon LTZ? They look great, but maybe not so quiet?

Btw, aggressive style rarely combines with quiet ride.

Last edited: