Ran over something on the highway, 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjalex13

Reaction score
it was raining like hell tonight and there were accidents all over the highway. As I was switching lanes I ran over something as I was going about 60 mph .

I head some dragging noise, at first I thought I had blown a tire. So I pull over and there is the black plastic thing dragging on the ground. I assume it is from my Tahoe and not the thing I ran over although I'm not certain.

I was about 2 miles from home, and I drove back okay it was dragging when I went over bumps and stuff. When i got home I tried to pull that piece of plastic away with no success.

There sounds like there is some sort of muffler issue, the car just sounds a bit different when I start it.

Will take it in Monday. Any ideas what could be the problem, is this going to cost me a fortune?

2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

TahoeJo

Reaction score
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I see you posted on Dec 3, but never posted what it was. Please finish your post, or the mods should erase this since it's pretty much pointless.

briando

Reaction score
HA! man you are preachin to the choir! my lady hit what had to be the mother of all raccoons and it did one crazy number on my bumper!! Took the finish off right down to the primer and cracked it all up. Now i gotta head to the body shop and talk to the Silverado expert. Woo and Hoo