Rattle in driver's door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoliO

Reaction score
2008 LTZ Tahoe. When I am driving down the road (any speed) I can hear something in the door rattling. It sounds like the window is loose and rattling on the seal. I try to duplicate the rattle when the Tahoe is off and I can't hear anything when I try to push the window back and forth. This noise is irritating me. Any idea what it could be? Could it be a wire inside the door hitting against some metal and resonating up making it sound like it is the window? :Frustrated:

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to have this same noise from a different vehicle. Turned out to be a coin that slipped behind the door trim from within the map pocket.

I doubt it would be a wire. they tend to wrap and clamp them to the door so there isn't any play.

Best way of knowing is just take the door panel off.

RoliO

Reaction score
I use to have this same noise from a different vehicle. Turned out to be a coin that slipped behind the door trim from within the map pocket.

I doubt it would be a wire. they tend to wrap and clamp them to the door so there isn't any play.

Best way of knowing is just take the door panel off.

Thx but if it was a coin I think I would be able to hear it when I swing the door back and forth as I try to duplicate.

Is there a link on how to remove the door panel?

RojoGray

Reaction score
I'm chasing a rattle problem too. I took the panel off, and broke the top left plastic attatchment piece. The internet has good directions on how to do this, i just screwed it up. From the factory some of the wiring harness wasn't secured like it was designed to be, I found some of the securing plastic pieces attached to the wiring harness were clearly not in place. After taking it to the shop they found a window regulator needed to be repaired. I don't know what that is but they fixed it. However, that did not fix the rattle. I'm very frustrated. I hope some of this will help you. I would consider carefully taking the panel off, download direction from internet, it's pretty easy, just look to make sure all wires are in place and nothing is broken. You can't really get to the window area without cutting a slit through the dust seal that protects window assembly. I wouldn't anyway, just eliminate everything else. If it's the window, I would let the shop do it.