Rear Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemiwin

Reaction score
I am going to get a new '07 LTZ, but am concerned about the lack of space behind the rear seat.

I will need to always need to have a baby stroller in the back. Is there enough room in the back for a stroller without laying down the seat???

THANKS

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then get a Suburban :D .. but he's right the only way to get more space if you fold the rear seats forward.

hemiwin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. My wife isn't going to like that.

I am still going to get one, I don't like the looks of the burbs...too long!

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your stroller collapses, then it will fit fine.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a play between look and capability. We went with the latter. We did not want to have just a nice looking truck which cannot fulfill our requirements. But the Suburban is not as big, though.

rod456

Reaction score
Are you talking about the 2nd or 3rd row of seats? If your talking about the 3rd row seats, just remove them if you don't need um, you should have plenty of room then.

IMHO,

tgt624824

Reaction score
I am going to get a new '07 LTZ, but am concerned about the lack of space behind the rear seat.

I will need to always need to have a baby stroller in the back. Is there enough room in the back for a stroller without laying down the seat???

THANKS

As a parent of young children myself, let me ask the obvious question....are you talking about an UMBRELLA Stoller (ie - breaks down to a very small section) or a Graco/Evenflo type large stroller?

Umbrella - YES with the 3rd row up, no problems
Graco/Evenflo - No, not without the 3rd row folded up (easy compromise for us as rarely will all 3 rows be in use.

Hope this helps,
Travis

hemiwin

Reaction score
Thanks, I am talking about a full-size stroller not an umbrella stroller.
I can't believe they would design this vehicle to not be able to carry a full size baby stroller.

I don't like the looks of the extended suburban. Maybe if they would of made the Tahoe an inch or two longer, and moved the 3rd row of seats an inch or two forward, it would of been a good compromise.

I might be forced to get the new 08 model dodge/chrysler minivan now.

Hell,I could fit 7 people plus at least 2 if not 3 fullsize stollers in my chrysler minivan now, and its not nearly the size of the new tahoes!!

I have always been into customizing "street trucks" until my wife talked me into trading our truck in for a van. We have both missed the "coolness" of the truck greatly.

I'll see if I can talk her into a tahoe, as I have told her I would rather keep our van than get a suburban.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too coming from a Town and Country. In fact you are right the SUVs just do not have the flexibility of the minivan. They could have but GM decided it that way.

Cargo capacity is more or less equal between the Chrysler and the Suburban (not the Tahoe, though). The floor of the 'burb is much higher which can be a difficulty loading heavy goods. For groceries this could be a plus.

There is no Stow'n'go and the 3rd row seat is not movable. Moving bench: It was a great plus in the minivan to chose for either more 3rd row legroom or more cargo capacity. The 2nd and 3rd row bench seats are not reclining which is nod good.

MPG is bad, too, in comparison with the Chrysler. I got 40 MPG (ok, it's a diesel) and my Suburban gets 20. Comparing apples to apples MPG is about 30 % less but the Ford Expedition gets even less MPG.

So why we bought the Suburban? Ok, the reasons for buying the Suburban were:

1. Quality
I heard about a lot of problems with the Chrysler and numerous friends had bad experience. We had luck with ours but again throwing dice?

2. Price
As you might know I am in Europe so I profit a lot from the current EUR/USD exchenge rate. Our 'burb was less than half compared with an Audi Q7 or Mercedes GL.

3. Safety
During the years I have seen lots of accidents; even dead people laying on the street. The front of the Town & Country is just too short to be able to compensate a frontal crash. Just unsafe in my viewpoint. I am a family father you know.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jim

Last edited:

Snap50

Reaction score
Put the seat in the basement until you have enough kids to fill the 3rd row.

Personally I order vehicles to avoid spending $900 on a seat that we'll never use.

VF1000R

Reaction score
Better yet, just fold ONE Seat up ! Plenty of Room. and still get 6 or 7 passengers in :eek2:

1BadPig

Reaction score
You might want to look at the Lambda Triplets if you want room behind the 3rd row of seats and folding them flat.

CobraKai

Reaction score
We have 3 strollers - an umbrella, a Peg Perego Pliko (which is a standard-size stroller but collapses fairly small), and a tandem. The first 2 fit easily behind the 3rd seats, but the tandem doesn't. So I'd say it depends whether the stroller you have will fit. It might fit if you lay it on its side...