Remote Start ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an '07 LTZ. Half of the time I can remote start the vehicle without any problems. It starts just as it was designed too. Other times, the vehicle turns over and "kind of starts" then immediately dies. Anything I should know about the system to cause this? Once this occurs, there is no other choice but to go out to the car and physically insert the key to start the vehicle. Kind of sucks on those cold mornings!

Ray

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not normal at all. No matter what the outside temperature, it always cranks right up. That would be something I'd take it in to the dealer for.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the vehicle turns over and "kind of starts" then immediately dies.
Ray

I've had it happen to me several times. I thought I wasn't holding down the button long enough. I'll have to pay attention the next time it starts, then quickly dies.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The button on the remote won't have anything to do with it not starting. Once the module gets the signal from the transmitter, it should start. And if it cranks, then the module successfully received the transmission. Not fully completing the starting cycle or keeping the eng running is going to be a problem with the actual RS module (if there's no prob with the eng or pcm). I would take it in to the dealer and see if reprogramming the RS/RKE module solves the problem.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. At first I thought that I had to hold the button until it started and maybe I was holding it not long enough/or too long (whatever the case may have been). I called my local dealer. Once I have some time, I will take it in and have it looked at.

smurfskier

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my old escalade and it ended up being the trucks battery. Ounce that was replaced everything was fine.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my old escalade and it ended up being the trucks battery. Ounce that was replaced everything was fine.

I was just going to bring that up. If your voltage is too low it will not start with the remote. You'll also notice"slower" starts if its your battery. there was a recall on the '07's somehing to do with the battery running down.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More precisely it was a reprogram for the battery rundown. If you had that you would know it. The truck would be DEAD and nothing would work.

I can't say that it isn't a low battery issue but the "run down" was a little different.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Data from another thread

"This issue has been intensely investigated and researched by GM and it is determined that the cause is very likely to be the operator not properly pushing the buttons prior to start.
You should make a conscious effort to simply push the Lock button (once) then immediately push and hold the Start button.
If you push any other buttons or Lock button more then once before initiating the start sequence it can confuse the system and cause it to prematurely shut the motor off.

Please try this and see if the problem isn't eliminated.

Dave "

After that didn't help, it goes on to say...

"it isn't always the easiest answer that solves the problem.
Would you mind taking a few moments and try a couple of things to see if this doesn't help?
If you haven't done this yet start the engine (leave it in park), go into the DIC menu with the second button down and enter "Relearn Remotes", you will need Both of your remote transmitters and then push and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons in at the same time until you hear a Chrip then turn of the engine and remove the key.

After this is complete: Remove the (10 amp) DSM fuse (Fuse block in the driver side instruemtn panel) for 20 seconds and then reinstall it.

Once these two items are complete try it out and see if if this doesn't solve the issue, if it does not then you may have a set of faulty RKE remotes."