Removal of support brace behind radio to install deeper one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinkw

Reaction score
Has anyone had to do this? I did it today and now Im concerned.

Drumscum

Reaction score
What is your main concern? I work in car audio/video and have performed many installs that require taking out that support including my own vehicle...however theres a right and a wrong way in doing it, lemme know if i can be at help

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I had to remove it on mine when installing my D3. I fabb'ed up and welded a new bracket to allow me more depth, but even w/out it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i did it too also have the pioneer d3. just took some pliers and prayed for it to be squared. came out alright but no issues.

Drumscum

Reaction score
when taking it out try not to send a ton of vibration through out your dash...example: an installer i knew awhile back decided to just bang the living day lights out of that bracket with a hammer and screw driver = resulted in other damages including many illumination lights that were no longer working! My tool of choice on this job is a dremel w/ the hand attachment - allows you to get in and make a nice clean cut

01 suburban ls

Reaction score
Has anyone had to do this? I did it today and now Im concerned.

I did it and now my spare tire rattles.

Actually I have an 01 and did the dual din dash conversion. I had to cut that bracket and a couple other things. Two years later and no problems.