Reputable shop in Carrollton-Lewisville Texas area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get my Hoe checked out. Is anyone in the Carrollton (North of Dallas) area? I need to find a good place to get this code pulled and see what is up. I assume when the "check engine" light comes on, there's a way to hook up to the comp and pull off what it thinks is wrong, correct?
Does this light also mean there might be something up with the tranny, or is that a separate one?

This morning when I started it up, it kinda hesitated... and then got going. I park in the garage, so it was not really cold at all. I noticed on the way home this afternoon that the check engine light had come on too. When I started home this afternoon (after sitting for about 8 hours), I noticed that it had lost a little of the "pep" in the throttle. It felt like I was pulling a house or something. I thought maybe my parking brake was on. After a while, the response got a bit better, but now I can't really say if it's 100%.

I did not notice anything out of the ordinary yesterday, so I am stumped.

When I crank the engine and listen, it has a weird sound mixed in with the normal engine drone. It sounds like it's coming from the left side of that big honking plastic topper (looking at it from front of truck). It actually sounds like air escaping in quick intervals. I can't even begin to describe it though.

Any advice or shop info would be much appreciated. I hate to just go to a stealer-ship. I'm not rich you know!

BH

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I changed the oil & filter, and drove it for about 10 minutes. It did not seem to have any problems. Is it possible to have crappy gas in the engine throw a code? I topped off my tank with premium last night since it's only $2.29 a gallon to see if that might help.

This morning I went to take it to a shop just in case, and the check engine light has gone off. It drives just fine. I'm not taking it some place unless it's throwing codes. I don't need somebody fishing for problems at my expense.

BH

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably take it to somewhere like Advance Auto Parts and they should be able to tell you why the light came on. I am not sure but you still might be able to take it and they might be able to tell you why the light came on.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my truck tonight, after changing the oil yesterday, and it accelerated very smooth on the highway. I actually had to let off the gas to keep from speeding too much.

That's a far cry from the response I got yesterday coming home.

I might try AutoZone by my house, and see if they'll try to get some codes.

Thanks

BH