Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I decided to cover my ebony cloth seats. Some of you probably know why I am doing this. How about the car set covers from gmpartsdirect.com? They are the OEM seat covers and cost about $300 for front and back. Has anyone purchased them? How do you like it?

Also, can anyone recommend a good car seat covers for Tahoes other than the OEM ones?

Thanks in advance.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read where Chevy is allowing a recall on the ebony cloth seat covers. If I recall correctly, it included an upgrade in cloth but even that was having some difficulty with lint retention so they are now trying to consider another option (perhaps a reduced cost to upgrade to leather). Can't recall where I saw this but it may have been on the Chevrolet Tahoe Forum (which, of course, is not nearly as good as this forum).

I said this forum was better. Try this "TSB for ebony cloth material " posted a few days ago . Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Gforce

Reaction score
I ordered the ones from parts direct and I do like them. I ordered just the fronts for now and they fit pretty good. Only weird thing is that they also sent me a cover for the middle seat and it isn't the right one. I don't really see how you could cover the armrest anyway and still be able to get into it and same for the lower storage compartment I have the LS with I guess the split bench seats and no center console. I just left the center part off and did the two seats and they came out nice.
I would give the seats a shot If you don't like them send em back.

BTW New to the forum and this is my first post:yaya:. Also new to the Tahoe so I have lots to learn.

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the ones from parts direct and I do like them. I ordered just the fronts for now and they fit pretty good. Only weird thing is that they also sent me a cover for the middle seat and it isn't the right one. I don't really see how you could cover the armrest anyway and still be able to get into it and same for the lower storage compartment I have the LS with I guess the split bench seats and no center console. I just left the center part off and did the two seats and they came out nice.
I would give the seats a shot If you don't like them send em back.

BTW New to the forum and this is my first post:yaya:. Also new to the Tahoe so I have lots to learn.

Thanks. Just the answer I need and welcome to the form.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was aware of the cloth seat problems ahead of time so I negotiated with the dealer for leather replacement when I ordered my Tahoe.

Make sure you have all service bulletins pertaining to any problem in-hand when you're trying to negotiate.