sheetmetal air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95yukongt

Reaction score
well i have a 95 yukon gt and im thinking about making my own shhetmetal air intake along with some other stuff but dont want to let anyone know yet. im only 17 but want to make my truck look different and i like doing my own customization. would anybody be interested in them. its going to be simple but cool. its going to take me ahwile to make cause i have a very busy schedule and im not the best welder but im still learning. its going to come off your throttle body to a bend and go towards your battery and then have a cone fitler. its going to be simple but is going to be all polished and look sick. so what do you guys think.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the same thing you can get on ebay. also sounds about the same as my AEM i have on my truck.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it sounds like a great idea to get started doing things yourself.

measure, draw it up, plan and then make it.

95yukongt

Reaction score
well the first one im going to design is going to go into my fender wheel so it gets alot of cold air. im going to design one for my dads carb'd 71 camaro also, so he can get the most cold air with his cowl hood.

95yukongt

Reaction score
just becarefull of the placement cuz water and intake equals hydrolock

yes, well i hope to put it somewhere in the fender where it will get air but not wet. ive been so busy working at the body shop that i havent had time to design it at all. its an idea thats just chillen in my head that i have to put on paper still. i hate driving my truck in the rain lol. i try not to the best i can but you gotta.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When building a CAI, you can use an AEM bypass valve. It can only be used with NO F/I Applications.

Either way Kudos to you...how is this project working out? I rather give you money then spend 200 on a Volant Intake.

95yukongt

Reaction score
ive been drawing many ideas to see what i would like to see on my truck best. i have to get my welder working also. my dad needs to get a special outlit fo rit in the garage. lol
ive also been working on my stang alot but im off for christmas so **** will get done. my idea it to run it straight into the fender with a filter and make it all shiny and im going to have it painted to match my truck and my valve covers redone.