six lug conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was interested in doing this so here we go.. i already know for the front all you need is rotor's of a 3/4 silverado 2wd 96-98 maybe even older years cause i have done this with a buddy of mine to his truck and no mods what so ever straight and simple. now for the rear can i just swap out the axle shaft's and put some from a 4x4 same years but from a tahoe? can this be done? do i need new seals? for example if i would buy what is in the link would that work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-Chevy-Taho...uck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
or just find a rear end from a wrecked 4x4 tahoe

bigblackhoe98

Reaction score
I think you want rotors from a 4wd, not 2wd. Just curious..why would you want 6 lugs? Your options for aftermarket wheels will be VERY limited.

EDIT: nevermind I see now that 3/4 tons have 6 lugs.

Last edited:

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, 6 lug has a huge aftermarket suport. Plus it gives you the option of using alot of the nice late model OEM wheels.

Enless you have done something extensive to the real axle, why not just swap the real axle of a 4wd into your truck?