soaked floor WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search on soaked floor and found nothing. I just noticed that the driver side carpet in my truck is completely soaked. It’s been raining on Omaha for about a week but there is NO WAY I have tracked that much water into my truck. I’ll get into it more when I get home tonight just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and had any ideas. I was thinking heater core but it doesn’t smell, not yet anyway……

Last edited:

u2nv

Reaction score
if you have a sunroof check n see if drains are plugged possible running down a pillar and causing problem or if its had a windshield put in it possibly leaking sit inside have someone hose it down n keep an eye out

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!

It would be great to know where those drains are because I like fishing but I don’t necessarily want to do it in my truck and I have a freaking lake going on here.

DSC04854.JPG

I have it up on jack stands right now and I don’t see sh*t under there…..

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem with my daughters S10 and it turned out to be a crease on one of the door seals/rubber and that crease was allowing runoff water from the roof to seep into the cab. I replaced the door rubber and the problem went away. Hope this helps..

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I had that problem with my daughters S10 and it turned out to be a crease on one of the door seals/rubber and that crease was allowing runoff water from the roof to seep into the cab. I replaced the door rubber and the problem went away. Hope this helps..
I had the exact same thing happen on my Tahoe a few months back. The weatherstripping somehow worked its way loose and I got into the truck one day after it rained all night and the driver's side floorboard was soaked. I looked up and down and found that the weather stripping was loose in one spot, pushed it back into place and haven't had a problem since.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search on soaked floor and found nothing. I just noticed that the driver side carpet in my truck is completely soaked. It’s been raining on Omaha for about a week but there is NO WAY I have tracked that much water into my truck. I’ll get into it more when I get home tonight just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and had any ideas. I was thinking heater core but it doesn’t smell, not yet anyway……

I had this same problem and thought I fixed it until today,I went to clean my floor mat and seen the bottom was wet again.I will have to dig a little deeper this time to fix the problem,My problem is coming from the driver side corner seam ,(its the vertical seam behind the e-brake connecting to the firewall)I noticed this after takeing it apart and running a hose into the wiper cowl the seam sealer seperated from the body,I can actually see the water coming in from behind the bad seam seal.If you pull the front driver side carpet over, under the brake pedal there is a black cover with sponge under it you have to pull that up also to check that seam,I think I have to go a little higher on the seam to reach the leak,I will be doing it this sunday,This leak is a real pain in the you know what :mad2:.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry wipple that sucks, but I’m glad you know where yours is coming from. I tried that hose thing but I haven’t pin pointed it yet. I have the interior torn up looking for it….

DSC04855.JPG

I removed the driver kick panel and it is wet above (higher than) the floor area so it’s getting in there somehow but there is so much crap in the way I can’t see much of anything. :mad:

Last edited:

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry wipple that sucks, but I’m glad you know where yours is coming from. I tried that hose thing but I haven’t pin pointed it yet. I have the interior torn up looking for it….

DSC04855.JPG

I removed the driver kick panel and it is wet above (higher than) the floor area so it’s getting in there somehow but there is so much crap in the way I can’t see much of anything. :mad:

Yeah water leaks suck :mad3:, im not looking foward in doing this,the pic you took is good,You can see the seam seal thats under the kick panel in your pic,If you follow that all the way to the front corner and up toward the top of the dash,mine coming half way up between that seam,the black cover you see in your pic has to come up,there is a black box that has to be moved to the side ,and I cut a slice in that black cover to get around the e brake cable,once thats done you can fold over the cover and get to the seam,Make sure to try the hose again but with (very low pressure),put it right in the driver side wiper cowl,it was real sneaky,good luck anyway I know I will need it:D.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the weatherstripping folded up on you somehow at the door jam? it happenend in the back hatch of mine, and the carpet was soaked, but only after the pressure blaster on the car wash. I couldnt find it forever. yesterday I finally figured it out. I tried to push the weatherstripping back in to its original position, but it was like that for so long that it needs to be replaced. I hope you find you leak soon.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it, or at least the general vicinity. I pulled the wipers and the large plastic cowl from below the front windshield. With the hose stuck in there (on very low pressure) I’m able to duplicate the problem. It’s is coming in just to the right of the seam by the parking brake. I couldn’t trace it up high enough so I started from the top. There is a seam up there and it looks fine, but it’s obviously not. I’m going to mow the lawn and let it dry out then go along the entire seam with 100%, 50 year silicone. Let that dry and re-test. I’ll let you all know how it turns out. BTW thanks to everyone that posted suggestions!!

***Alright….. Lawns done and the sealant is on, if this doesn’t do the trick the front fender is coming off.

Last edited:

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moral of this story…. Don’t run anything through the big factory grommet in the firewall!! :mad:
The water runs off each side of the cowl area through a rubber port, there is a bracket just below that port on the driver’s side that unfortunately deflects the flow of water right over that large grommet. I pulled all the amp and alarm wires back through and drilled a one inch hole to the right and just below the booster, there is a dimple in the firewall there just for it apparently. Inserted a new grommet, ran the wires back through and shot the remaining area pull of silicone. She is sealed tight as a drum now.

Wipple, any chance you have done the same thing. The water comes in just exactly where you were talking about, by the e brake……

This one was my fault……. :mad2:

Last edited: