Solution to watch iPhone Videos and Movies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craftyorganic

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Sorry I'm new. :) I've been frustrated about not being able to play video from my iPhone. I finally found a solution that works great and has minimal cables.

I found an HDMI to Composite Converter on Amazon and it works!!! This is an option that will work with current iPhones which have a Lightning connection. First, get an Apple lightning to HDMI Adapter ($43), an HDMI to HDMI Cable ($7), and an HDMI to Composite Converter ($34) The composite Converter doesn’t need to be plugged into any power source. Plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into your phone, attach the HDMI to HDMI Cable, then attach the HDMI to Composite Converter. Plug the Converter into the composite (red, white, yellow) connection on your vehicle. This route will cost you around $85 but it works great with current iPads and iPhones that have the lighting connection vs the old 30-pin connection.

I posted about it in detail on my blog if you're interested. I hope this helps save someone time and frustration!

http://www.craftyorganic.com/category/reviews/2015-gmc-chevrolet-iphone-cant-watch-videos-solution/

linytahoe

Reaction score
Are you taking about watching the videos on the front dashboard screen?

craftyorganic

Reaction score
No, the video is on the back screen. I didn't jail break anything. Just a solution to be able to watch movies from a newer iPhone/iPad because GMC/Yukon don't have an HDMI port.