something new 2 shave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noble

Reaction score
got bored today and i shaved off the plastic thingy off the rear window. took a lot more time than i thought since theres SO much adhesive holdin it on.

IMO i think it looks way better, just cleaner without anything on the rear glass
i know that this means finger prints on the glass, BUT fashion over function! hah. plus i rarely use the window thing since i have the power lift gate.. :D
oh yeah you can see the benefits of living in san diego in the glass reflection!!

Attachments

• DSC00697.JPG
    DSC00697.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00698.JPG
    DSC00698.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks really good i think im gunna follow! how long total and what all did you use?

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of SD do you live in? Man that is my FAVORITE town in the world. I love PB and Old Town. I've got a buddy that lives in Northpark and I visit him every chance I get. Is Jose Murphy's still down in PB? Man we had some good times at that place!!!

noble

Reaction score
tools needed:
razor blade
expired credit card
goof off OR some sort of solvent like thinner or acetone
and about 15-20mins of elbow grease :D

1st use the razor blade & wedge between glass & plastic thingy 360 degrees around it

2nd spray solvent into the area youve created w/ the razor blade.

3rd use exp credit card to seperate the platic thingy from the glass completly

4th pull the platic thingy off( dont be a chicken and do it!!)

5th use razor blade to remove double sided tape and any other adhesive

6th clean off adhesive residue with solvent or whatever you have.

7th DONT BE SCARED! there will be another thin hard residue you will have to scrape off the window. ( it looks like it doesnt come off but it does)

8TH YOU ARE DONE ! another free/cheap mod

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info. I thought there was something under there.

Now don't be afraid and paint that wiper!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont the hoes with power lift gate have a power lift glass as well??

yours are different from mine, if i recall correctly, i have two bolts and nuts through the windows holding the plastic thingy on.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 07s there is a button under the bowtie area (near the plate lights). When you press it, it unlocks and unlatches the glass. You still have to start lifting it before the pistons carry it the rest of the way up.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, no power glass lift... Would be nice if the glass went down into the gate.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 07s there is a button under the bowtie area (near the plate lights). When you press it, it unlocks and unlatches the glass. You still have to start lifting it before the pistons carry it the rest of the way up.

ok, so its really just like time then, except i have an ugly black button right in the middle of the hatch.

i also like that you can pop the glass with the key fob.

i really like that, i wish i could to that, but then i would have two holes in the middle of the glass.

noble

Reaction score
Great info. I thought there was something under there.

Now don't be afraid and paint that wiper!!

haha i just bought a new spray gun today! the old one took a dump. but yeah i was planning on painting that and some onther small pieces.