Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta question for you guys.

I just got my 05 Tahoe yesterday with 40k miles. I also have an 04 Suburban with 45k miles.

The suburban i bought brand new and have never changed the plugs. The tahoe i'm assuming is on its original plugs.

I'm generally a maintenance freak. I change all my cars oil every 2500 miles, trans and diff fluid every 10k, and coolant once a year. On my RX-8 I change the spark plugs and coils every 6-8k miles. I'm actually surprised i've let the sub go this long on its original plugs!

So, what plugs do you guys run in these trucks? More importantly, what gap? I know a lot of plugs come pre-gapped these days, but I always like to double check them.

markdtn

Reaction score
I run stock AC Delco plugs with stock gap. These plugs are platinum tipped, so you probably don't need to change them yet. I would think more like 80k.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone run any different spark plugs in there truck? any views on aftermarket brand plugs? Iridium tips or anything?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta question for you guys.

I just got my 05 Tahoe yesterday with 40k miles. I also have an 04 Suburban with 45k miles.

The suburban i bought brand new and have never changed the plugs. The tahoe i'm assuming is on its original plugs.

I'm generally a maintenance freak. I change all my cars oil every 2500 miles, trans and diff fluid every 10k, and coolant once a year. On my RX-8 I change the spark plugs and coils every 6-8k miles. I'm actually surprised i've let the sub go this long on its original plugs!

So, what plugs do you guys run in these trucks? More importantly, what gap? I know a lot of plugs come pre-gapped these days, but I always like to double check them.

i have the bosch plugs, changed them early on as i wanted the best. i dont plan to change them until 60k. about 25k away.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the bosch platinum plugs. just put them in about 2k ago but no problems so far.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so no reason to go any higher that platinum.... good to know....

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an added benefit of replacing the spark plugs with better ones? I was going to have the plugs replaced and radiator flushed at 50k even though the manual says 100k, but probably would have put factory plugs in there.