Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
...i was in the same position as you and wanted louder and got a new amp after i was critized by boost and jk to get a 4 channel for them and it was defintaly night and day, and i thank them if they see this.

Constructive criticism;) Always glad to help:thumbsup:

clay2022

Reaction score
so there are two amps or just one? i too assumed it was in the back compartment with the sub, and unplugged the wire. i upgraded all my speakers as well and didnt notice much of a difference. it is due to the fact that you have the deck power running and the factory amp and its taking away from the speakers?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always bypass stock..lol I'm assuming there is only one.

I honestly need to research all the setups. I will come back with what I find out. I'm bored anyway so I might as well learn something.

clay2022

Reaction score
I always bypass stock..lol I'm assuming there is only one.

I honestly need to research all the setups. I will come back with what I find out. I'm bored anyway so I might as well learn something.
thats would be great, cuz if the amp is affecting the way my mids and hi's are sounding i want to disconnect that sucker.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depend on your pocket book. If you're on a budget replacing the factory speakers with good aftermarket ones will definitely sound better than OEM. From there the sky is the limit. Ever used Crutchfield? They have great customer service, good prices, and you get instructions specific for your ride as well as wiring harnesses. I'd defintely check them out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iBOIgC6pPel/

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in my Jensen Flip-out DVD the other day and threw some Focal 6.5s in the back that I got from a buddy. Obviously not much of a difference for the rears but everything else sounds much cleaner already. I actually started to notice a little scratchy-ness in the driverside front speakers. I think they are on their way out :). I have a JL 300/4, JL 500/1 and (3) JL 12w3s sitting in my spare room waiting to be installed. Just need the Focal 165 K2P and I will do the whole install. The only problem is that this dam* headunit doesn't have a pre-amp for the fronts only rears and a mono out for the sub. WEIRD. It was cheap though and does everything that I want it to.