Spedometer problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FenixNR

Reaction score
Well, I went for a trip from spfld, mo, to around spfld, illinois. On the way there, the spedo stuck... I didn't notice it until we stopped. To get it to go back, I had to start the vehicle like 20 times, to get it to register back to zero and start working again. Well about 50 miles down the road, it locked up again. It finally quit after we got back to spfld, mo, but now, I was driving and it stuck at 0 3 different times in a 5 mile round trip. I really wanna know what this could be.

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Document ID# 2037454
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Special Coverage Adjustment-Instrument Panel Cluster Gauge Needle Functions #07187A - (11/08/2007)

Models: 2003-2004 CADILLAC ESCALADE, ESCALADE ESV, ESCALADE EXT

2003-2004 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE, SILVERADO, SUBURBAN, TAHOE

2003-2004 GMC SIERRA, YUKON, YUKON XL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SERVICE PROCEDURE IN THIS BULLETIN HAS BEEN REVISED. IN A SMALL NUMBER OF VEHICLES, THE GAUGE SWEEP TEST MAY NOT ALWAYS CONFIRM THE CONDITION. PLEASE REVIEW THE SERVICE PROCEDURE IMMEDIATELY.

DUE TO PART AVAILABILITY, THIS SPECIAL COVERAGE IS BEING ADMINISTERED IN PHASES. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AS EACH ADDITIONAL PHASE IS RELEASED.

CUSTOMERS ARE BEING INSTRUCTED TO CONTACT THE DEALERSHIP TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT IF THEY BELIEVE THEIR VEHICLE HAS THIS CONDITION. THE CUSTOMER IS BEING ASKED TO PROVIDE THE VIN SO THE IPC CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED TO KEEP THE VEHICLE OVERNIGHT. DEALERS ARE TO OBTAIN THE VEHICLE MILEAGE WHEN SCHEDULING A SERVICE APPOINTMENT. THE VEHICLE MILEAGE WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN PLACING AN ORDER FOR THE IPC.

Condition
Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that one or more of the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the instrument panel cluster after the condition has been verified. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

FenixNR

Reaction score
So if I have 98k on the clock they won't replace it for free?

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and it was the steper motor that move the needels that was goin bad so i had all of them changed and added a tranny gage in the process. Love the new look

MOTAMYZ

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it was the steper motor that move the needels that was goin bad so i had all of them changed and added a tranny gage in the process. Love the new look

I had the same problem.
so what you mean by ((tranny gage))
can you give us pic for it.
and from where you bring it..???

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tranny temp gage

here it is

Attachments

• 0220081655.jpg
    0220081655.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 0220081655a.jpg
    0220081655a.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 0220081656.jpg
    0220081656.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 0220081656a.jpg
    0220081656a.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE dash!!!!!!!!!

yep, my 2003 has done it like 3 times now...I need to get it in....

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think thats the escalade dash, they have them on ebay for around 200-250...i was interested in getting one a while back but for now i'm saving my cash

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the escalade and the SS gauges(not sure if others have it but these are the guage clusters i was looking at) have the tranny temp in the gauge cluster and all these trucks are prewired for it so all you have to do is clip in the new cluster and you got your tranny temp.

REDYUKON

Reaction score
01 Yukon has tranny temp prewired?

the escalade and the SS gauges(not sure if others have it but these are the guage clusters i was looking at) have the tranny temp in the gauge cluster and all these trucks are prewired for it so all you have to do is clip in the new cluster and you got your tranny temp.

I am trying to replace my gauge and wondering if 01 Yukon has the prewired temp guage for the tranny?

Kawboy8

Reaction score
Scorpio,
Where did you get your gauge cluster from? It really looks great and my speedo is having the same problem so I need to replace it.

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas sorry been bussy for a while. This is actualy the original dash with a us speedo face. The trans gage already exists in the dash bord circuts it just needs to be added which the guy did. He had all the software and everything else needed to complete the job. Exellent work and very resonable price.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The trucks all have the same connectors too? Does the gauge cluster store teh mileage? I mean, if I install a used cluster from an escalade does will it show my mileage or the escalades?? (and if it shows the escalade, can I get it set to show mine?)

Also, if I have an american tahoe (speedo in mph) but live in Canada, can I put a Canadian escalade cluster in there to get the KPH?

Last edited: