Steering Pump Cap came off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baetis

Reaction score
I have an 08 tahoe and on its inaugral mud run teh cap off my steering pump popped of. Now it sounds like it as a turbo :) The dealer said this was a response to driving in deep mud, and the pump would be ok after refilling it. I personally think the cap was never put on tight in the factory. Has anyone else had this problem and am I gonna have to worry about toasting my pump every time I go into the mud?

baetis

Reaction score
so, you don't think that the mud caused the pump to lose its cap?
Im afraid to go off road again.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, you don't think that the mud caused the pump to lose its cap?
Im afraid to go off road again.

dont dude, many of us had more than once ( i lost count) never had trouble. only got stuck once. just a loose cap.

why would they give you 4x4 if your never gunna use it!

baetis

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Great forum. Another question: During the Moonshine Mud Bowl, I failed to remove the lower bumper valence and it ripped off. I read in the owners manuel (after teh fact) that it should be removed for off roading and replaced afterwards. Is that necesary?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont take mine off even though its reccommended by the manual, as in a later caution box it said that leaving it off for a long time messes up the air flow of the engine causing it to over heat, off road is when you need the best cooling, so i keep mine on.