Stereo reg/ bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tug boat

Reaction score
Think Im headed on the right track but just want someone eles advise. I have a 2001 Tahoe it had factory stereo NOT BOSE. I upgraded all the door speakers to INFINITY 61/2 with low mid and highs. all in one speaker. What I want to know is if I can find a Bose factory stereo will it hook up inplace with the one I have now and sound better? Also it has the 8" or 10" Factory sub in the back but it just sounds like a mid and a high no bass. Yes I understand prob cause it doesnt have much of a amp due to radio to push it so INPUT would be great thanks. Dont want to put an aftermarket stereo in it just cause I dont like the look of one DOnt look as clean unless you get into the screen stereo's and I dont want to really spend that much THAXS

clkelley

Reaction score
I would help out with that, but unfortunately I am NOT a stereo guy, but there are others here that are and can help a little more so here is a bump to the top of the new posts for everyone else's viewing pleasure.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont believe that the Bose system will hook into your non Bose harness. I think the non Bose has 2 plugs and the Bose has 4?? I think the stock amp needs to be swapped out too.

Its not impossible, but you will need to do some more research on the how. Ive never done it and always gone Aftermarket, but you can also pick up a decent 4ch amp to add some power to your system and get better sound. You will obviously need the 4ch amp, an amp install kit, and a line converter to do the install. I know you said you dont want to spend allot of money, but if your not looking for competition style bass and sound output, you can do this on a budget of about $200-$300

Tug boat

Reaction score
Thanks for the INFO and bumps guys. I check into it a little more over the weekend. Your are right I have to go with a aftermarket which is ok. My tahoe has the 8" sub in the back. Kinda thought that was wierd being it didnt come with the bose system. So hopefully once I get the new stereo installed it will help out with the bass alittle I dont want alot just alittle bass. All I have now is HIGHS AND MORE HIGHS and mids. What do yall think can I get away with pushing that factory 8" sub with a aftermarket radio or am I still going to need to install a AMP?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have the sub as well with a non-Bose system and I installed a Kenwood stereo and the bass is not all that better to be honest. Im planning on an install in the next few weeks to a month. Kenwood, Polk Audio, Rockford Fosgate. :)

Tug boat

Reaction score
Well in all the DOORS I have INFINITY 3 way 61/2 and and TRUST ME DAY and NIGHT diff of course it will ROCK but like I said its all HIGH and MIDS. Prob going to install aftermarket 8" sub in place of stock and maybe add an amp to it with aftermarket radio. Hopefully that will help. If you do your let me know how you like it Thanks. I want to keep it in the stock location just cause it looks clean and I need the cargo room.

Dragond76

Reaction score
Yeah I dumped the stock radio for an Alpine with Bluetooth for like $120 and it's wayyy better than the stock stereo. The rear sub still sucks though.