Stock front driveshaft with 6 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 6 inch Rough Country kit installed on my truck. It says on the site with the Autotrac POS transfercase i have to have a custom front driveshaft made.

Is it possible to run the stock one? I have been running around with it out for a while now, am putting 35s on it this weekend and would like to make it 4wd again.

Thanks
Matt

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it also says to never drive the truck w/ out the front shaft in, if it is auto-trac

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the first I've heard about the front shaft, from the kits i looked at it was the rear shaft that needed to be lengthened to get the angles close to stock. (which I'm having done next week)

i never paid enough attention to the requirements for autotrac on them though as i don't have that "issue"

USMCRay

Reaction score
From what I have read about the front shaft is when you lift it the angles get bad and you have to buy a double cardon shaft. If not you will have vibrations if you use 4 high over 35 miles an hour.