super 40 dual in dual out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
:cool2:hey guys iam finally ready for a new muffler mine is starting to go out

i have been searching and have found thst flowmaster has a dual in dual out super 40 series does anyone have these or have any opinions i wad also wondering will they fit right in without any pipe bending?

any feedback would be great

thanks guys:cool2:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're feeling the smiley faces, and as far the Flowmaster 40 its loud as hell, I have some friends that have trucks with those so i'd know, I suggest the Flowmaster 50 series SUV Performance muffler.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dual in dual out 50 series is really quiet for a flowmaster. granted i have the camaro without exhaust when i want to g loud, but im not completely happy with how quiet my truck turned out.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
well thanks for the input i think i do want to go with a louder exhaust do the dual in dual out have seperate chambers inside? also do you you know the size of the stock pipe?:yesnod: only 2 smileys this time

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with single in single out offset 2 chamber(40 series) but i ran true duals from the headers back sounds AMAZING!!!!

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Flowmaster super 40 will be loud no matter how you configure it on these trucks. Two pipes will be louder than one, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2H5VEaga9A

That is my truck, it has a single in/dual out flowmaster super 40. Yours would sound similar to that if you got the same tips I have, yours might even be a little louder if it's dual in as well as dual out.

If you want a dual out, then yes of course it will need pipe-bending. Your truck does not have dual exhaust stock, so the place you bring it to (or if you do it yourself I dunno) will need to fab a pipe or two that go from the muffler to the back of your truck on either side.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys i cant wait to get it installed! by the way how does the hoe run without the cats and the 02 sensors i have hear that it will not run right but i think its probley bull S***

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get the 02 fakes that fool the computer into thinking the system is working perfectly.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled all for o2's disconnectede them cut cats and the truck runs beautiful, doesnt even throw a check engine light