Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
I have searched high and low here, there does not seem to be a lot of discussion about sway bar replacement. When I bought my new hoe the dealer had it lowered but I want to do the sway bars to give it a little less body roll etc... has anyone done Hotchkis on an 07 hoe?

Other experiences?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the Hotchkis sways on a clients '07 Hoe...they make a night and day difference...I compared his tahoe w/Hotchkis 17" wheels and Toyo Open Country A/T 265's against my tahoe when I had it dropped 2/3 and on factory 20's and 275/55's...I tested them on the same stretch of road and then hit the highway and ended the test on an off ramp that turns a continuos 270 degrees...I was able to take the turn at the same speed in both trucks...the sways took away that intial tip in that is felt with a stock tahoe...My client originally wanted them just to help when towing as he has a 20ft enclosed trailer...they exceeded his expectations there...and he was also impressed with them in everyday driving...definetly worth every penny.

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
Really appreciate the feedback. Were they difficult to install? Any advice when installing them?

Thanks again...

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are extremely simple to install...unbolt your existing sways and bolt these in their place...what is especially nice is the greasable bushings front and rear...of course having a lift helps out alot.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can fit under the truck without using a jack then you are a slimmer man than me...jacking it up and placing it on jackstands would give you alot more wiggle room..especially positioning a nearly 4 foot long piece of metal.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this replace the front and rear sway bars? if so how much do these run?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes front and rear...plus all the bushings and bolts...I want to say they run around $550-$600 retail...would ahve to look it up to be exact.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the Hotchkis sways on a clients '07 Hoe...they make a night and day difference...I compared his tahoe w/Hotchkis 17" wheels and Toyo Open Country A/T 265's against my tahoe when I had it dropped 2/3 and on factory 20's and 275/55's...I tested them on the same stretch of road and then hit the highway and ended the test on an off ramp that turns a continuos 270 degrees...I was able to take the turn at the same speed in both trucks...the sways took away that intial tip in that is felt with a stock tahoe...My client originally wanted them just to help when towing as he has a 20ft enclosed trailer...they exceeded his expectations there...and he was also impressed with them in everyday driving...definetly worth every penny.

:crazy: :thumbsup:

Auburn

Reaction score
What I meant was how does it improve towing? I also have a 20ft enclosed trailer that we use for our show car and I was wondering what sway bars do to improve towing.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh..thats a different story..not to sound stupid but it reduces the sway induced from the trailer...noticeable when changing lanes also when cornering..basically it reduces the effect the trailer has on the truck.