Tahoe 2002 vs 2003 - which one to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soulbrother

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying my first Tahoe. Been thinking about it for years but something always came up and prevented me from buying one.

Well...long story short. I'm looking at a 2002 and and a 2003 model. The 2002 have a bit fewer miles to the clock and a sunroof (prefer the sunroof over no sunroof ofcourse) But my issue is that I don't want a stock Tahoe. I want to customize it with Escalade running boards, roof rails, digital two-zone climate controle module and more. When I look at all the "upgrade parts" on ebay, they all seem to only fit from 2003 to 2005 or 2007.

So my question is, that since they are about the same price, should I go for the 2002 with a bit fewer miles to the clock and sunroof or the 2003 cause Ebay tells me that all the "fun parts" are only available from 2003 and forward?

Is there really such a big difference between the 2002 and 2003 model? And what should I be especially aware of when buying a 2002 or 2003 Tahoe? Rust, steering/handling, suspension, oil leak etc.?

Hope you have the time and patience to help me out here.

Best regards
Pete