Tahoe programmers...who is using them and what were your results?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike523

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing an 07-09 Tahoe and have seen some pretty promising stories about horsepower and gas mileages increases when using a programmer. Can anyone share their personal experiences?

BrianAnderson70

Reaction score
I have an Edge Evolution Programmer I purchased a couple of years ago for my 2007 Silverado and I recently installed it on my 2008 Tahoe. I am only running the transmission program on it but it responds like a different vehicle. Previously it was slow to respond and when it shifted it was slack and slow. Now it shifts firmly and there is a noticeable difference in performance. I haven't really had it long enough to know how it's effecting my mileage, so I can't help you there. I had a K&N FIPK on my Silverado with the programmer but decided I'll forgo the K&N on the Tahoe...I never really saw the benefit of it on the Silverado....though it sounded badass...no noticeable difference in power or mileage in my experience.

redhawk

Reaction score
I picked up a secondhand Diablosport intune and it seems to have helped me take advantage of my K&N intake and GM performance exhaust. It has several tuning options and custom tunes can be added. it also doubles as an OBD scanner for cars it's not mated to. I don't know if I would have paid retail for it.

canakin

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe and used the Black Bear Performance tune from new. 3 years later the premium tune is still performing strong with no issues. (I also had them do a fuel economy tune, but I like the high octane performance tune so much, I never looked back.) It may not be cheap, but there are an abundance of satisfied users. The support continues to be great. Good luck!

ChampagneMurder

Reaction score
I have a bully dog GT tuner on my 2008 Tahoe. The thing works great, the truck really came alive. As for mileage, no real savings because I enjoy the fun of the added horsepower. I am anxious to get it dynotuned after I get my cam.