The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studebaker51

Reaction score
118,000 on my 1997;4 door 4x4. Bought it 3 years ago, used, with 97,000. The day after we bought it, went on a road trip to Yellowstone N.P. :thumbsup: Had a few weird problems, but still love it.

oh2tahoe

Reaction score
Hey, New member, Great Site. I have a 02 tahoe ls, Dark grey with the two tone tan and grey interior. It was owned by a 60 year old couple that took it on trips. The interior is immaculant and Very well taken care of. Here is the shocker. 2002 Tahoe 177,189 miles.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, New member, Great Site. I have a 02 tahoe ls, Dark grey with the two tone tan and grey interior. It was owned by a 60 year old couple that took it on trips. The interior is immaculant and Very well taken care of. Here is the shocker. 2002 Tahoe 177,189 miles.

YES!!! Finally someone has knocked me off the pillar of who has the highest mileage!! Wow! 177,189 miles, that couple must have taken it cross country a few times!! Welcome to the site and your Tahoe will last you well past 200,000 miles if you treat her right!! :Chevy:

ronjeremy6

Reaction score
new member here, bought my 01 last month. blue with 144k. truck was a one owner vehicle in great shape. had it 3 days and the ABS and brake warning lights came on. now they come and go. other than that i love this truck.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
... had it 3 days and the ABS and brake warning lights came on. now they come and go. other than that i love this truck.

Get underneath the driver side and check the ground that comes from the EBCM. Sometimes it will get corroded or so dirty that resistance builds up and the EBCM doesn't receive a good ground, possibly causing intermittent ABS warning lights to trigger. Same goes for the ABS sensors. They get corroded. And if I remember right, there is a TSB for corroded ABS sensors for our model trucks/suv.
Don't mean to go off subject of the thread, but thought I'd let you know to check these first before you start replacing parts.

kastiron

Reaction score
99, LT 4 door. 171k miles.

Only large problems I had with it was the transmission needed rebuilt at 40k mmiles, and the transfer case cover was worn through by a gear at around 140k. My only gripe about it currently is the front driver seat, and the fact that replacements seem to be VERY scarce.

My local mechanic had a hard time with the steering wheel (EVO sensor) problem, ended up replacing EVERY component in the steering undercarriage before I read on this forum about the el cheapo fix. At least I have a pretty new front end!

I was thinking of trading for an 07 when I saw them, but will probably keep this 99 until it gives up the ghost.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'04 GMC Yukon SLE 2wd, 5.3L Flex-Fuel

61k miles and mechanically sound. I'm 1k late on a trans. fluid change though...yeeks (it'll get done soon though). The only major problem is the A/C actuators failing two months ago, resulting in driver side vents blowing out 150F air. The speedomenter also has the infamous skipping problem, but only happens about once a month. I'll live with it.

Also, I get zero AM radio reception and what seems to me anyway poor FM reception.

ronjeremy6

Reaction score
Get underneath the driver side and check the ground that comes from the EBCM. Sometimes it will get corroded or so dirty that resistance builds up and the EBCM doesn't receive a good ground, possibly causing intermittent ABS warning lights to trigger. Same goes for the ABS sensors. They get corroded. And if I remember right, there is a TSB for corroded ABS sensors for our model trucks/suv.
Don't mean to go off subject of the thread, but thought I'd let you know to check these first before you start replacing parts.

if i'm not mistaken, the TSB only applies to northern state vehicles. i'm in the southeast (alabama). i'll check the EBCM ground. how do you go about cleaning the lead if corroded?

02tahoe

Reaction score

Rebuilt front differential, transfer case, new front right hub, upper and lower ball joints and a fuel pump(wife ran it too low on fuel).

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
i'll check the EBCM ground. how do you go about cleaning the lead if corroded?

Simply just remove the ground bolt and eyelet(s) (there may be more than one ground attachments at this point. The EBCM ground will usually be the thicker gauge) and clean with a stiff bristle brush. You can use degreaser, or pretty much any type of cleaner to help remove the dirt and grime. Clean off the area around the mounting surface as well, then re-attach the ground eyelet(s) and bolt.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'07, 8 months old, 21,000 miles

I've had 2 problems:
-Tire Inflation Monitor reset issue. I had to take it to the dealer and he had to use the tool to reset them.

-Battery Drain TSB. It went dead once. I had the TSB performed, and all was fine until last week when it was dead again. This one is pissing me off.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
198,588 miles on my 96' Tahoe LS.

Just bought it about 2 weeks ago. Seems to be running strong.

Got a coolant and brake fluid flush (only things that looked like crap) and now the radiator is leaking. Put radiator "stop-leak" in it so hopefully that'll help. Other than that...little things here and there but nothing major

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Yukon SLT purchased 3 months ago with 86k on the clock. Clean as a whistle and running like a new one. Added a K&N Filter (stock intake), Hypertech tuning, new Goodyear Fortera tires, brake job, Magnaflow muffler and I feel like I have a new toy. the only problem was the intermediate steering shaft issue but the local GMC dealer replaced the shaft under warranty and all is well. I honestly believe I'll drive this truck at least 100k more miles before I give it up. Great car - I love it.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91.5K here on my 02 LT. I just looked at the in cabin filter today and wow! Never touched. I just bought this lat week. I had my mechanic buddy look it over and other than warped front rotors, Service 4WD light, broken pass fog light, and the in cabin filter all is well. I didn't realize they were 2 filters until I pulled them out. I only bought one for $15 thru www.autopartswarehouse.com and I tried to buy one from the Pontiac dealer up the street from my house. He looked it up and he looked at me in disbelief and told me it was $79.95 retail for one! I ordered another thru autoparts.:eek: Even he couldn't believe it!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
....the in cabin filter all is well. I didn't realize they were 2 filters until I pulled them out. I only bought one for $15 thru www.autopartswarehouse.com and I tried to buy one from the Pontiac dealer up the street from my house. He looked it up and he looked at me in disbelief and told me it was $79.95 retail for one! I ordered another thru autoparts.:eek: Even he couldn't believe it!

I replaced mine for about $20 if I remember right with Bosch filters from Autozone. The box came with two filters.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought my 03 yukon Z71 5.3L FF about a month and a half ago with 51,000 miles.. The rear axle was leaking from the passenger seal (could've happened from the 22's I put on it--??not sure,it had build up so I think I just overlooked it when I bought it)Fixed now. Still have some power window problems and the DRL's love to go out on me...Other than that, seems to run smooth. I'm just about to do the first oil change myself today. With the addition of the 40series flow, it's a monsta!!! Love it!

Yuzilla

Reaction score
Just hit 85k on my 02 Yukon SLT. I have had it since 67k miles and have only put back brakes on it. I plan on tuning it up here shortly, but she runs like new. Wouldn't have anything else. :cheers: