Thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake

Reaction score
ok so i replaced my water pump on a 2005 tahoe 43k..i know 43k and it goes out... anyway i still have lots of air in the rad cause my car is reading 210 and i know its not getting that hot that fast.. the only thing i can think is that when i put the thermo in i tightened it down too tight so it cant open..anyway my question is what is the best way to purge the air? I did it the ole fashion way by letting it run with no rad cap for a while then put cap on let it get to temp take cap off and add coolant as needed....any suggestions are greatly appreciatted

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine reads 210 whether its 100 in the shade, or 30 degrees, i have only seen the temp go down in the west VA mountains and that was at 3 a.m. and it was -15.

Jake

Reaction score
i know but it just seems that it got to 210 waaaaaayyyyy too fast but thanks im going to look at it tom cause it is easy...oh and for those that ever have to change the water pump REALLY EASY 6 bolts and its off

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, yea, mine takes a bit to climb up there, like a good 8 min of steady driving. thanks for the info though:thumbsup: