Thinking of a 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, so theres this Tahoe around here that has a problem and the guy is selling it cheap. One thing why its so cheap is because its stuck in 4 wheel drive. Does anyone have any reasons why it would be stuck in it and what are the remedies to fix that? Is this going to be expensive to just put back on the road for winter then to sell in spring??? thanks alot

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he mention if it was stuck for a particular reason? electronically not switching/functioning, or is it a mechanical problem..
cause that sounds like it would have to be in the transfer case.
what year is it? any other symptoms/sounds or anything?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure its not a lever and he is too much of a wimp to move it. :smilielol:

Does he know it needs to be in N. before you shift it??

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 98.. he didnt say much in the listing.. just that its stuck in 4wheel drive.. do you think its worth looking at??

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alrite guys never mind that.. it was some black guy (no offense) but he had the worse ghetto accent and i could hardly understand him.. i asked if it was push button, he replied with a yaaah.. 170,000 miles, LT with gold interior.. HAHA gold interior?? then he said it was white with gold at the bottom on the outside.. i mean gowwld.. lol..he wasnt very talkative and couldnt get much out of him.. so im gunna pass on this deal. haha thanks guys for your time.. oo well

T-Bagg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '98 with the electronic 4X4. And awhile back I had the same problem. While I was crawling around with it in 4X4, the wires going into the connector on the transfer case were cut. I'm guessing it had something to do with the baseball size rock I found on the skid plate. A few splices later and I was back in business.
Even of you're not getting the truck, for future reference.