Tint Fix-It Ticket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a fix-it ticket to remove my 2 fronts because we cannot have any tint here in California on the 2 front windows. I just received the paper ticket in the mail and I was given 2 options...Option 1 is to pay 10.00 to take care of the ticket and have the two fronts removed. The second option is to pay 100 something (I forgot the exact amount) to pay for the ticket without any type of correction (I think) and be done with it.

If anyone resides here in Cali know if I just pay the $100 bucks will that take care of everything and the ticket will be done with? I don't want to have to re-tint...I'd rather just pay the $100

MikeCallery

Reaction score
Hell, if I could pay $100. and get away with it, I'd do it, but I agree, check the law first.

I know a lot of states, Louisiana is one of them, doesn't allow more than I think it's 20 or 30% on the front because it's a danger to police if you are pulled over and they cannot see you. I know that when we get our brake tag we're checked.

The only way here is to either not get a brake tag and risk it, get a doctor's excuse due to problems with your eyes and sunlight or be a police officer.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, if I could pay $100. and get away with it, I'd do it, but I agree, check the law first.

I know a lot of states, Louisiana is one of them, doesn't allow more than I think it's 20 or 30% on the front because it's a danger to police if you are pulled over and they cannot see you. I know that when we get our brake tag we're checked.

The only way here is to either not get a brake tag and risk it, get a doctor's excuse due to problems with your eyes and sunlight or be a police officer.

Yeah, how can the cops write tickets when the car they are using you could never see in?? I guess they have their own laws!!!

MikeCallery

Reaction score
For the same reason that they can do all that they do for us. I agree, they should not be allowed to break the law, but if the tint protects them from visibility in appropriate circumstances, then I stand behind them 100%.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the same reason that they can do all that they do for us. I agree, they should not be allowed to break the law, but if the tint protects them from visibility in appropriate circumstances, then I stand behind them 100%.

I'm all for their safety but, if you see a cop car behind you(who do you think is in it)???? A COP.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
I will agree, 72 in a 70 is rare to hear of them handing out a ticket. Usually there is a margin that they will allow and yours really surprises me. I think if you contested that one, depending on previous violations, they'd let you off.

Now as for the other post, typically the cars you see with the tint is going to be a detective anyway or an undercover, so you have to give them a little benefit of the doubt. Granted, the few bad always ruin it for the good, no matter what the subject line, but in general, the marked cars can't have the tint anyway, it's only a cop's private vehicle or usually the unmarks.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all for their safety but, if you see a cop car behind you(who do you think is in it)???? A COP.

He was hidden in bushes and my spedometer honestly said 70. I'll admit that I've gotten some tickets I deserved but thats just rediculous. Why would I have slowed hit the brakes anyhow if I was going the speedlimit.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will agree, 72 in a 70 is rare to hear of them handing out a ticket. Usually there is a margin that they will allow and yours really surprises me. I think if you contested that one, depending on previous violations, they'd let you off.

I thought about contesting it but I don't think I'd get off since I've had 2 tickets in the last year for going 5-10 over because I'm on the road 5-6 days a week. Put 45k on my company car alone last year. I admit I deserved those tickets, though.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now as for the other post, typically the cars you see with the tint is going to be a detective anyway or an undercover, so you have to give them a little benefit of the doubt. Granted, the few bad always ruin it for the good, no matter what the subject line, but in general, the marked cars can't have the tint anyway, it's only a cop's private vehicle or usually the unmarks.

Agree about unmarked cars, should have said that the sheriff's out here run around in all their vehicles with blacked out windows. And i graduated high school with three of them. They don't give tinted window tickets, but they will say they are illegal if they stop a vehicle for something else. Just makes me laugh when i think about it!!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, if you pay the fine, the ticket is resolved.

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the unmarked or detective thing aint true in DE. or MD there all kind of marked cars that are blacked out

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate having to follow these stupid laws. Like, seatbelt, tint, exaust, spinner rims, and let likes.... Give it another 20 years and we won't be able to make ANY choices on our own. I'm just waiting for them to do something like outlaw black vehicles because they're too hard to see at night or something..... damn, it's sad.

rmorgan

Reaction score
Quote: "I hate having to follow these stupid laws. Like, seatbelt, tint, exaust, spinner rims, and let likes.... Give it another 20 years and we won't be able to make ANY choices on our own. I'm just waiting for them to do something like outlaw black vehicles because they're too hard to see at night or something..... damn, it's sad."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop wearing your seatbelt. Soon your other problems may go away.

c19dale

Reaction score
i've never heard of outlawed spinner rims. Whats the reasoning behing that? lol

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote: "I hate having to follow these stupid laws. Like, seatbelt, tint, exaust, spinner rims, and let likes.... Give it another 20 years and we won't be able to make ANY choices on our own. I'm just waiting for them to do something like outlaw black vehicles because they're too hard to see at night or something..... damn, it's sad."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop wearing your seatbelt. Soon your other problems may go away.

Lol, too funny!!!:smilielol: :smilielol: