Tire pressure sensors on oversized rims/tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using TPS on larger tires like 22s? I am curious if there are any concerns, issues, and if your experience has been accurate. I am looking at getting 22s soon for my Denali. I am considering purchasing new sensors for the set.

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
I have them on mine. I have 24s. No Problems at all

X2....when I had my 24's I never had a problem with them. Buying new sensors will be worth it because without them you will have that annoying orange TPS light on your dash lit all the time.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2....when I had my 24's I never had a problem with them. Buying new sensors will be worth it because without them you will have that annoying orange TPS light on your dash lit all the time.

Where can I get the best $$ on the sensors? How much?

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. Just as info, I did some researching on my own and found GMpartsdirect wants $33.44/ea which is nearly half of what the local GMC dealer and Ebay wanted. I will be going this route. Also, the part is vehicle specific.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 yukon with 20'z on it and i was getting the check tire pressure message, so i was wondering about this, so all you need to do is buy some new sensors and that will take the message and light away?

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 yukon with 20'z on it and i was getting the check tire pressure message, so i was wondering about this, so all you need to do is buy some new sensors and that will take the message and light away?

JPerk, you first need to make sure you have tps as an option on your vehicle. This provides a digital read out of your pressures on the dash display. I am actually buying a 2nd set of tps since I am purchasing a set of 22" rims/tires so that I can continue to get an accurate readout in my Denali.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do i have it as an option? If i get in my truck.. and it says check tire pressure... wouldnt that mean that I do have that as an option?