Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what tires most people were riding on, i will be purchasing all 4 soon and would like to know what my options are and what tire will be best for general purpose mainly. Although i would like to put large tires on the tahoe.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on Dunlop radial Rovers on my 96'. They're alright but not as quite and as smooth of a ride as the Michelin's which were on there.

UNTOUCHABLE

Reaction score
I have BFG All-terrans on my 98. They give give off a decnt ride but handle a+ in snow and rain from my experience . I drive off road on every now and then too .

With all-terrains and a 10 old truck I'm expecting some what of a ruff ride .

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have on _______ on my 99 Tahoe

Why did I leave that blank? Because I work for the competitor and I purchased them before I got a job here in Akron, OH.

Hardwarz

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have on _______ on my 99 Tahoe

Why did I leave that blank? Because I work for the competitor and I purchased them before I got a job here in Akron, OH.

Hardwarz

if you drive your truck to work, dont they know??:shhh:

i trade between bf goodrich (stock) and my BFG OFF ROADs when i need to do some heavy stuff, which i replace every 15-20k

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you drive your truck to work, dont they know??:shhh:

Funny thing, when I walk through the parking lot, everyone here has Goodyear tires, unless it's the stock tires.

If anyone from GY is on this website, I WILL replace my tires with GY as soon as they ones I have wear down! Promise! Swear! :(

Hardwarz

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea with the ones i have looked at so far i am impressed with some of the BFG's but the Good Years are alos fairly well priced and seem to hold up. by the way Rollin Thunder, what kind of cb are you using + antenna ? (if you have one still).

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea with the ones i have looked at so far i am impressed with some of the BFG's but the Good Years are alos fairly well priced and seem to hold up. by the way Rollin Thunder, what kind of cb are you using + antenna ? (if you have one still).

o yea dude, cant live with out it

cb is a cobra and the antenna is the basic radio shack antenna, i dont have it permantly installed, i have the wire running through the sun roof and it seals perfectly. when i do get to permantly installing it, i will get a much better antenna (looking at thisone ) i will probably get than antenna. The place i will put the radio is where they dont allow you to get a 6cd changer with a nav, fits perfectly there. big rectangle space right below the ac controls.

here is a pic
yes3-2.jpg

here is a pic.

btw, pic below is my dad at the 2005 world series.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG Mud Terrain KM2, Loud as heck on the road but they look great and perform very good off road. Plus I get to brag that no one else has them.:cool2:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

Cool CB man! :thumbsup:

...they dont allow you to get a 6cd changer with a nav...

BTW, you mentioned this yesterday or something. I had Nav / DVD / RSE / CD / CD 6-disc changer ALL factory installed in my '04 XL Denali. Maybe that has something to do with SLT vs. Denali? I dunno, but they're not mutually exclusive.

Also BTW, good choice on HD-DVD! I have two HD-DVD players here at the house, and I'm debating whether or not to get a Blu-Ray player...mainly for kids movies (freakin' Disney). Sorry for off-topic...

But as far as tires go, my factory Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires are very nice, and when I have to replace them, I'll likely get the exact same thing, assuming I can afford it... :eek2: Quiet ride, great handling in all weather, seem to hold up pretty well so far as well.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Homework pays well.

Hey, I'm sure you've seen this before, but choose your tire size, and check out the reviews on Tire Racks' tire survey. I heeded their advice the last two times I purchased tires, and was not disappointed one bit with my choices -- got great tires that performed well and kept the cost where I needed it to be each time. Then I purchased the tires locally where I could "negotiate" a better installed price.

Link is here (don't forget to choose the tire size you're looking for, and the type as well).

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good choice on the CB, i cant live without mine either. comes in handy all the time for traffic, weather and police radar on the highway. I use a cobra myself its a compact so i will eventually upgrade to something a little nicier and with more power. i have a rear bumper mounted 48 in firestik antenna that works great, looks good, and well priced.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool CB man! :thumbsup:

BTW, you mentioned this yesterday or something. I had Nav / DVD / RSE / CD / CD 6-disc changer ALL factory installed in my '04 XL Denali. Maybe that has something to do with SLT vs. Denali? I dunno, but they're not mutually exclusive.

Also BTW, good choice on HD-DVD! I have two HD-DVD players here at the house, and I'm debating whether or not to get a Blu-Ray player...mainly for kids movies (freakin' Disney). Sorry for off-topic...

But as far as tires go, my factory Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires are very nice, and when I have to replace them, I'll likely get the exact same thing, assuming I can afford it... :eek2: Quiet ride, great handling in all weather, seem to hold up pretty well so far as well.

that is a difference between an slt2 and denali, i have dvd and nav, i am usaully a lone driver so i put the cd in the back and still have the nav set up.

yea, i got a ps3 and an hd in my neck of the woods, in the main part of the house, my parents have an lcd tv in every room (with a tv) with direc tv and an hd dvd player and dont belive in blue ray for some reason

lol yea, i love the stock tires, i thought they were bf good rich but their bridge stone, and even thought the truck has 34k on it, the tires only have 24k as i have 20k on the bfgs when i plan on a good streak of off roading.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT & chevyrider, what kind of range do you guys get outta that CB system? Seems pretty neato! Also, do you have to have any kind of permit or license to use one? [Clearly I know nothing about them! :lol:]

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good choice on the CB, i cant live without mine either. comes in handy all the time for traffic, weather and police radar on the highway. I use a cobra myself its a compact so i will eventually upgrade to something a little nicier and with more power. i have a rear bumper mounted 48 in firestik antenna that works great, looks good, and well priced.

i use it all the time, off roading was my main reason then i found all the added extras. offroading is great because when we go in groups (we mostly goof off with them ) but they work well when we get stuck or lost. then i found truckers tell us all about how to get around traffic or i get weather warnings through them. THEIR AWSOME.

EDIT- clear area, good 15-18 miles, off roading with trees 5 at best but solid 2-3. average 10

im in the dc area alot, if you get one,my handle is RT

EDIT AGAIN :roll: :lol: nope, you only need a permit for ham radios, cbs all you gots to do is follow the basic easy rules. like no fowel language flame wars etc, almost like a forum. but most of the truckers dont care , just dont mess around on channel 9, thats an emergency channel, i hang out on 19 because thats the truckers channel

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im running Procomp Xtreme M/T's on mine. for the short time i've had them they have been great, not so good on puddles, but they are M/T's so i can't complain. they suprised me on the ice and snow we've gotten so far, hold the road great.

anyone know of a CB that will fit in the smaller hole where the stock cd-player sits? (under the heater controls, 'hoe's a 96) i pulled mine out and its just an open hole. i've been throwing around the idea of putting in a CB if i can find one that fits.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, the range will be different on all cb radios, depends on the radio unit itself and the antenna. the stock radio power is 4 watts but alot of truckers use amps to boost watts for more power (although that is illegal). the easiest, and cheapest way to get longer range and clear sound is to get a good antenna, you can get a magnet mount, dome mount, mirror, etc. just depends on where you want it. the longer the antenna the better distance you will get. channel 19 is the best and has the most action even though it is the emergency channel you can pick up some great conversation. plus if your on the highway every channel is booming with sound, and if there are any police radaring, people on the cb will tell you where they are miles ahead of time. (pays for itself in speeding tickets)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, the range will be different on all cb radios, depends on the radio unit itself and the antenna. the stock radio power is 4 watts but alot of truckers use amps to boost watts for more power (although that is illegal). the easiest, and cheapest way to get longer range and clear sound is to get a good antenna, you can get a magnet mount, dome mount, mirror, etc. just depends on where you want it. the longer the antenna the better distance you will get. channel 19 is the best and has the most action even though it is the emergency channel you can pick up some great conversation. plus if your on the highway every channel is booming with sound, and if there are any police radaring, people on the cb will tell you where they are miles ahead of time. (pays for itself in speeding tickets)

you got that right, radar detectors are illeagle here, its illeagle to even own one if the vehicle you own is regestered here, but NOT CB's:) :lol: "loop hole"

breaker 1-9 this heres RT calling any one ready to chat out on the high ways and by ways, COME BACK

one thing i like is it keeps me awake on road trips where i cant stop because i was too lazy to start a day early

99tahoee

Reaction score

Channel 9 is the emergency channel not 19.

Last edited: