TomFree - new member from MD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomfree

Reaction score
Hello all...another new member check in here. A little about me, why I'm here, and of course the Tahoe.

Me:
40-something IT manager. I live in Rockville MD (just outside of DC). Born and raised in Thomasville, NC, lived in Raleigh NC after college until 2004. The wife and I moved to MD for her career in '04.

Why I'm here:
I've been doing autocross and drivers schools since the late 90s, and I started doing some wheel-to-wheel racing with the 24 hrs of LeMons and ChumpCar in 2008. I'm building a '93 BMW 325i as a "Spec 3" race car to run with NASA Mid Atlantic.

I've always driven my track cars to events, or had a friend with a tow vehicle and trailer to drag the race cars to the track. The Spec 3 car is forcing my hand - I need my own tow vehicle and trailer. I've been saving for a while, shopping for a few months to find the best truck in my price range.

The Tahoe:
It's an '03 LT with 99K miles. I'm the 4th owner. It's mechanically sound with a bunch of little cosmetic flaws - perfect for me as it knocked the price down about $1500 over similar trucks.

I'll add a big trans cooler shortly, a trailer brake controller, and likely a load-leveling/anti-sway hitch. I don't anticipate pulling over 6K# with the truck, but I want to make the vehicle reliable and very easy to drive with the trailer behind it.

A few pics that I stole from the autotrader ad before they took it down.

tahoe_01.jpg

tahoe_02.jpg

tahoe_03.jpg

tahoe_04.jpg

tahoe_05.jpg

tahoe_06.jpg