Trailer Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This summer, I'll be towing a trailer with a battery charging system in it. I have yet to look under the hood (to cold here in Chicago) but I found this in the owners manual:

The seven-wire harness contains the following trailer
circuits:
• Yellow: Left Stop/Turn Signal
• Dark Green: Right Stop/Turn Signal
• Brown: Taillamps
• White: Ground
• Light Green: Back-up Lamps
• Red: Battery Feed*
• Dark Blue: Trailer Brake*
*The fuses for these two circuits are installed in the
underhood electrical center, but the wires are not
connected. They should be connected by your
dealer/retailer or a qualified service center.

I'll need the RED Battery Feed to work. Is this an easy fix, or do I need to bring it to the dealer?

Again, I won't need this till like April, and I'm sure I can look into it later, but this forum has been really helpful, and I thought someone might know.

Oh, it's an 2008

Thanks

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very easy....look around the fuse panel for the red & blue wires with terminals attached taped back to the wire harness...untape them & run 'em up to the open stud on the side of the fuse panel....all you'll need is a nut/washer to secure and you're done.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks, thought it'd be something easy like that! I'll work on it when it gets a bit warmer out.

Armycop

Reaction score
..and make sure you hook up both the wires. Having trailer brakes is very nice. Don't forget your aftermarket brake controller either. No controller, no trailer brakes!:nonod: