Two Problems (New To Here) Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
First off Hello to all. I have two problems, which I think are problems but not sure. So hopefully someone can help.
2007 Tahoe LTZ

1. When I put a DVD in my front unit and vehicle is in park, both screeens play the movie perfectly. When I put it in gear, the front goes off (as for safety) as it should. The back continues to show the movie as normal. Well once I get to my destination and cut the vehicle off and then once I come back to the vehicle and restart and leave, the front will play but the back will not. Put in gear can hear the sound but no picture on either screen. I have pressed everything, done all I know as now a new owner would. The only way I can get it to come back on for the kids in the back is to EJECT DVD AND REINSERT??? Is this normal??? Or is the a known problem with an easy fix. Any info would be great.

2. My passenger rear seat will not fold up with the electric button fuction, I can hear the motor turning, but nothing is going on with the seat. As if something is off track or broke, anyone else had this problem?

I hope this site is a good as the Jeep SRT8 site was. It was better than the car was, lol. B/c God knows I needed it with that vehicle. This Tahoe is ten times better than that and I hope with this little problems I can be off to a new life with a great vehicle and new group of friends here. Thanks in advance for all help.

:confused2:

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
??? No one know? Is this normal of the back DVD Player? That is my biggest concern, b/c ejecting and reinserting DVD is dumb.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, 30 minutes and already posting the "no one knows??????????" response?

We're still waking up, drinking coffee... :)

The DVD issue is not normal. Never heard anyone mention that here. I would bring it to the dealer for both issues. Is it under warranty?

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
No it is not under warranty due to mileage. I don't have the remote for the DVD either, it was not in there when I got the vehicle.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
Dealer

I just dropped it off at the dealer since no one on here seems to have had the problem or knows what to do about it. So I will keep everyone posted on it b/c I read last night on fixya.com that someone else had the same exact symptoms, so at least I know maybe I am not as crazy as I thought...... To be continued

yatch07

Reaction score
my suburban does this too what i usually have to do is turn it on with the remote control and the screen turn back on

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to use the remote to turn the RSE back on. It will start up right where it was when you turned the key off. If you remove and reinsert the DVD, it will start at the beginning.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
Ok, guys that is what the dealer thought as well. I don't have a remote yet but I won it and the headphones on ebay yesterday so I am waiting for their arrival. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help. I hope it works. Thanks again.

GM Fan

Reaction score
Good luck with the rear DVD. As far as your rear pass seat, the remote button is only to fold and tumble forward so passegers can get into the back (3rd) seat. You have to manually bring it back to the normal seating position.
My son would know about the rear DVD but he's at work right now so I don't know about that. I didn't know the movie can be viewed in the front screen though.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son would know about the rear DVD but he's at work right now so I don't know about that. I didn't know the movie can be viewed in the front screen though.

You can only see the front screen when you're in Park unless you have a lockpick.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree that something may be wrong with your DVD player. whenever I get back in the truck, all I have to do is hit "play" on the front screen and the movie plays on both screens from the point when we got out. Never had to turn on the rear screen.

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my remote, I am hoping it works. Or hoping that there is a function in the remote that I can select for it to automatically come on. I hope I don't have to take it back in but that is soon to be found out. I will keep posted, my remote should be in tomorrow.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree that something may be wrong with your DVD player. whenever I get back in the truck, all I have to do is hit "play" on the front screen and the movie plays on both screens from the point when we got out. Never had to turn on the rear screen.

So are you saying that by pressing "Play" up front, turns the rear overhead player on?

colemans07tahoe

Reaction score
Ok answer for everyone!

Ok, I got my headphones and remote in the mail today. When I press the power button the rear unit comes on and everything works just fine. This must be a function just in 07 models, b/c in my mothers 08 Escalade the rear unit comes on by itself upon reentry and restart. But never the less it works with the remote by pressing power, as a few had said previously. So now if someone has this same issue here is there answer. Thanks to all that helped!

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you saying that by pressing "Play" up front, turns the rear overhead player on?

yep.. 2007 Denali.

driving and playing a dvd.
make a stop at say.....Walmart and do my shopping
Get back in the truck and start it.
Front dvd screen comes on and I hit the play button.
The movie starts to play on both screen from the very point when I got out the truck.
Safety thing kicks in on the front screen when I take it out of park.

Its always worked this way for me. Even if the truck sat overnight. It just remembers were the movie stopped/paused.

Last edited: