Under hood light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there not a light under the hood on Chevy Tahoes? I just realized that there's not one on mine, or at least if there is it's not working.:umn:

My old Chevy P/U had one, so I expected the Hoe would have one too.

Anybody know?

Thanks

BH

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can't find mine either, or it doesn't have one... but i've always had chevy's and they all have had them....

scarpi

Reaction score
My 02 Yukon has one. Shouldn't the Tahoe have one since they basically are the same?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they got rid of them on the 03 and up for some reason, I MISS MINE BADLY.

is there a way to aftermarket one o n there??

MooseK9

Reaction score
I am going to install one too!!! Of course after I hear how it worked for you. Good Luck!

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had my old truck around to see where the switch was installed. Anyone out there with an older Hoe care to share where the on/off switch is located? I assume it's a plunger type, activated by the hood.

BH

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one in my denali, sh*t is burnt out and I've been too lazy to replace it. I miss the trouble light I had in my '89 c1500, I could wind it out 20ft or so to check my tires or fix a flat at night.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those lights that plugs into the cig lighter that's like that. I wish I just had the hood mounted light that comes on when it's opened up. It's convenient, you know? Seems strange to me that a $44k vehicle did not come with one standard. They could have kept the cargo net, and given me the light.

BH

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a quick fix, a small halagon clip on light, clip it on the hood aim it in the middle and its GREAT.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had my old truck around to see where the switch was installed. Anyone out there with an older Hoe care to share where the on/off switch is located? I assume it's a plunger type, activated by the hood.

BH

I think the switch is in the light itself. It can tell when it's horizontal and vertical.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose there's a hole where it could (should have) been mounted on the underside of the hood. I'll go to the GM place and get the assembly some time next week hopefully.

I'll post pics.

BH

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind what I said about buying one from GM. It's $13 for the light, and $45 for the wiring harness. Man, what a screwing!

No thanks.

I'll try to go to a junkyard.

BH

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind what I said about buying one from GM. It's $13 for the light, and $45 for the wiring harness. Man, what a screwing!

No thanks.

I'll try to go to a junkyard.

BH

IS THAT ALL, i think thats an awsome price and well worth it. i might go do that.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine, its a dome/fuse style light and there is a sliding mechanism that hits a contact providing power to the bulb once you lift the hood. I'm just stoked I have a hood light again.