VIN Number Missing...?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpnut2

Reaction score
What's up everyone....I got an '05 tahoe and just noticed the other day that the vin number sticker that should be on the driver side door is missing, but the vin number plate is between the dash and windshield on driver side...should I be worried about this since my insurance company said that it should be on the driver side door?

dpnut2

Reaction score
I hope that's it, but car fax report on it did not have any repair work or body work reported on it....thanks for the reply tho...!!!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
carfax isnt always the place to get information.. look at your door closely, see any bondo, sand scratches, masking lines.. if so then it was probably replaced at one point in time..

CoyB

Reaction score
carfax isnt always the place to get information.. look at your door closely, see any bondo, sand scratches, masking lines.. if so then it was probably replaced at one point in time..

yeah carfax, autocheck isnt going to show up if someone just took it to a body shop and asked to fix the door. its nothing to worry about. someone might of just took it off......

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax

yeah carfax, autocheck isnt going to show up if someone just took it to a body shop and asked to fix the door. its nothing to worry about. someone might of just took it off......

NEVER trust carfax at all.

I personally bought a Honda Accord from a personal friend after having it repaired at the body shop the second time his daughter wrecked it. Each time she rear ended someone and the entire front of the car had to be replaced. That would be fenders, hood, lights, radiators, grill, etc. As one would think, this would be a pretty major repair.

I gave him 1500 for the car so that I can have something better on gas.

Not even a year later and after fixing little odd and end things on the car, I sold it for 5000. I pulled the carfax up and it had nothing about the 2 wrecks that I knew of personally on the car.

Another example is that my fiance used to own a used car lot. (never get into this business). She told me many times that she new other car lots that would buy cars that have been wrecked but not totalled at GREAT prices AFTER she ran a carfax on it and it would come back clean. They would then repair the car and sell it as if nothing ever happened.

moral of the story, Carfax is just another way for people to get your money!!!

dpnut2

Reaction score
NEVER trust carfax at all.

I personally bought a Honda Accord from a personal friend after having it repaired at the body shop the second time his daughter wrecked it. Each time she rear ended someone and the entire front of the car had to be replaced. That would be fenders, hood, lights, radiators, grill, etc. As one would think, this would be a pretty major repair.

I gave him 1500 for the car so that I can have something better on gas.

Not even a year later and after fixing little odd and end things on the car, I sold it for 5000. I pulled the carfax up and it had nothing about the 2 wrecks that I knew of personally on the car.

Another example is that my fiance used to own a used car lot. (never get into this business). She told me many times that she new other car lots that would buy cars that have been wrecked but not totalled at GREAT prices AFTER she ran a carfax on it and it would come back clean. They would then repair the car and sell it as if nothing ever happened.

moral of the story, Carfax is just another way for people to get your money!!!

I hear you, but did your friend report the daughter's accidents to the insurance company?

Thank you all for the replies, will not loose sleep over this :mpr: