VME hids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used set of vme 4300k lows for my burban from RT. anyway they are are great so i decided to order another pair of 9006 lows in a 6000k to do a side by side comparison as well as 12000k 880 for my fogs. now i did this on a cloudy day but between the 4300k and the 6000k in my shop there didnt seem to be alot of dif. but the 12000k fogs wow those make a statement. sorry no pics for now but i will have soon. anyway i will drive it tonight and see if i can tell a dif. in the dark.

the 4300k kit was great and night as well as in the rain i could see so much better but i whent ahead and ordered the 6000k just to see which i like better i will be putting which ever kit i decide not to use in my wifes car

but if any of you guys are thinking like i was what color temp to get at this point im not sure between these two but i will report back in the morning and let you all know.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ok after alot of driving and bulb changes i decided i like the 4300k better than the 6000k

4300k does have alot more light output. but with the 12000k in my fogs it makes the low beams seem kinda yellow looking but i think it's just my eyes playing tricks on me

anyway i was under the impression that the 12000k would be purple blue. it's not at all they are a blue white if that makes sense. no purple at all. i just figured i would type all this to hopefully make it easier for some of you to decide what color temp you want. i know i was all confused on which ones to go with

just trying to help

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you like them. I guess (knock on wood) Thats one of the lucky trouble free kits. :yesnod:

Good luck. Enjoy seeing now:thumbsup::eek2::cool2:

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool. I've about to install HID's in my lows and fogs. Did you take any pictures?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

with the wind chill here right now it is -10 so i love you guys but im waiting for it to warm up b4 i go out to get pics for u

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actully record lows. 40 today. 30's at night. This week end is our coldest yet at upper 20's, and their calling for some snow this weekend. Cant ****in wait. I want it so bad. O YEA!!!!!!! But were at our coldest month. Come february it will warm back up to 60-75.

But I want my 90-100's back. Open the pool and chillax with music cranked up, sitting in my floating chair, beer in one hand, BBQ wings in the other, and chicks in bikinis all around. :cool2:

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

back to the whole "reality show" thing you need

sounds like you live the life man i think i going to come to your house for vacation this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who needs mickey mouse when we have ROLLING THUNDER!!!!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back to the whole "reality show" thing you need

sounds like you live the life man i think i going to come to your house for vacation this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who needs mickey mouse when we have ROLLING THUNDER!!!!!!

It doesnt come with out negatives though. :ack:

Like stressed out all the time (well some days anyway), not time to do things sometimes etc. But its still the life or riley most of the time LOL. :smilielol:

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 6000K on the Tahoe and stock Lexus is 4300K. The 6000K looks more blue. As far as light output, in theory 4000K has more, but I can't tell a difference really especially since the 6000K in my Tahoe is in the stock housing and not projector.

P.S. I would match all the HIDs on the same vehicle...