Volant ram air scoop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just seen this thing for the first time and I have not heard anything about it on the forum

Has anyone used one of these air ram thing-ama-boper? :shy:

haha, i found it at stylintrucks.com <---- link is over there

anyways, it seems like it would actually work but at the same time it seems kinda gimicky, i dont know... thoughts/experiance?

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of discussions on this. This do increase airflow in to the filter box. But being that the intake is below the bumper, they can be subject to collecting water, snow, and various bits of road debris.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something like this on my '95 Z28... it seemed to pick up some performance at the higher speeds. I was afraid everytime it rained I'd suck a puddle into the engine. Of course, my setup was different... my scoop was on the bottom of the car.. under the bumper... and the filter was about 3" from the scoop.... I don't know that the gains are really worth the time, energy, and product... just like doing the "free" mods... like throttle body coolant bypass, etc. Might gain .5-1hp and .05 MPG... at highway speeds. LOL