Washer Fluid Reservoir Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002Tahoe-owner

Reaction score
My 2002 Tahoe has developed a leak in the washer fluid reservoir such that most of the fluid leaks out. I am unable to determine where it is leaking from at the moment although it must be low in the reservoir and was wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same and could provide some guidance. Thanks.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 Tahoe has developed a leak in the washer fluid reservoir such that most of the fluid leaks out. I am unable to determine where it is leaking from at the moment although it must be low in the reservoir and was wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same and could provide some guidance. Thanks.

yes, mine has done the same thing, figured i would pull the thing out and just use a little eppoxy to fix the thing, however i cannot figure out how to get it out and didnt care enough to try, looks like a huge pain in the ass for something i only use on road trips

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull up the driver’s front inter fender you can see the bottom of it. I sliced right through the damn thing when I was trimming the inter fender for the 20’s…. Hot glue fixed it right up……

2002Tahoe-owner

Reaction score
If you pull up the driver’s front inter fender you can see the bottom of it. I sliced right through the damn thing when I was trimming the inter fender for the 20’s…. Hot glue fixed it right up……

Thanks. I haven't figured out exactly where it is leaking from but must be near the bottom because if I put a gallon in the reservoir, almost a gallon leaks out.

2002Tahoe-owner

Reaction score
yes, mine has done the same thing, figured i would pull the thing out and just use a little eppoxy to fix the thing, however i cannot figure out how to get it out and didnt care enough to try, looks like a huge pain in the ass for something i only use on road trips

Yeah, I only use mine for road trips too but in snow country where the washer is needed.

2002Tahoe-owner

Reaction score
Mine has leaked from the hose under the rear bumper before, it's worth a check if you don't know where its coming from. Two little tubes come together and if they're not tight they leak.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's definitely leaking at the reservoir, just don't know where. As soon as I pour a bottle of fluid in it starts dripping at the bottom of the reservoir. I think it might be leaking where the rear window pump mates with the reservoir because it seems to stop once the fluid level gets below that leaving a few ounces of reserve for the front.