Weird Problem on Heavy acceleration FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
I did the lower intake job, new MPFI, and new cats and 02s. This weekend was the first I had ran the truck. Cleared all the codes out, and took it for a spin. Truck idled and ran really smoothly. When I punched it, it down shifted and would wind up to 4500-5000 and then stumble, and really almost feel like a transmission slip. Figured that I had the timing a little off, but it wasn't throwing a code. Several subsequent pulls did the same thing. Fine from 3000-3500, get close to 5K and it ****s the bed. I had marked the distrubutor and rotor in several locations, and all were dead on so I crossed that off. Well it finally threw a code next time I cut the key on. P0107 MAP Input Low. I immediately start thinking the worse, cracked plenum, vacuum leak, all sorts of stuff. Get in there to check that the map is seated good, and I see my problem. FORGOT TO PLUG THE DAMN THING IN!!!!! Plug it in and everything is fine.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, gotta love the simple overlooked crap!!!! :) Glad ya gotter after all that work.......

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
I was about to freaking cry. I had put so much time and effort not to mention money in it. Really funny and interesting how things like that can cause a problem only under certain conditions.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am suprised it ran as good as it did.....