Well I did it !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never thought i would sell my beloved hoe but i did i had a chance to buy a 00 burban with 122k on it for the same price i sold my hoe for my hoe was a 97 with 172k i think i did ok

i will get pics up soon it is a lt 4x4 factory tv and all wow it is nice i love it

i hope i am still accepted around these forums even though i dont tech. have a hoe any more the burban is just like a hoe on steroids

Thanks guys for all the good times

I hope there are more to come

btw the way can i change my name on here know it would seem that 97hoehere is not going to work anymore

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ya

i sold it to a 50 year old man with stereo and wheels and all thats how he wanted it!

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course you are still welcome here! Congratulations on the new purchase! Post some pics of the new vehicle?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade:thumbsup: A lower mileage vehicle that is 3 years newer, and more room inside, all for a straight across trade? Where's the downside?

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice trade I think. Depends on what kind of shape the new burb is in and depends on what isssues may come up in the future. Me personally, id have to come across one hell of a clean burban to sell my tahoe. I got a 97 too and its going nowhere fast brother.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you sell yours for? is that the exact same price you got the burban for? did you buy the burban from a private seller or dealer?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sold

i sold the hoe for $6900 with everything
i bought the burb from a dealer it is great shape but someone added one of those after market light colored wood kits to the inside and its kinda ugly but i have a fix for that but anyway the dealer had it since Oct. and wanted to move it and with gas prices he sold it to me for what he had in it $6900
i was getting 13-14 mpg with the hoe i am getting 15-16 mpg in the burban

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:umn: dam let the tahoe go for 6900 huh? well not bad but i bet you could have got more..like a stack more.. but no biggie...hey you had a 97 right? my 97 is getting 17-18 mpg and even better on the highway if you can believe that. Your new burban is only getting 15-16? Truth be told I NEVER buy from the dealer, but best of luck with your new whip:thumbsup:

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 97

ya my hoe was getting 17-19 in town b4 i put the ghetto fabulous 20's on it then it droped big time and i have only had the burb since tuesday night so it will prob. get better im hoping

btw my hoe had 172k $6900 was alot for it around here im in south west missouri there are guys selling 99's with 100k for $6000-$7000

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you got a good deal...and $6,900 is one hell of a price for your Tahoe and for the Suburban. I looked at a 99 with 100k miles and the dealer wanted 10k.

On a side note...I just did the same thing two weeks ago (hope to post pics later). I sold my 93 2dr Yukon with 186,xxx miles with a bum transmission (burnt 3/4 clutch) for $2,500 and purchased a 97 4dr Tahoe with 96,xxxx miles for $5,000.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did the same thing too. i sold my 06 with 45k miles and no warrenty for 16k and bought a 07 with 280 miles for 36k and a 84 month 120k warrenty. :D

SmothZ71

Reaction score
That's a good trade-off, although I wouldn't have done it myself(Suburban is too big to me).
In my area, SUV's are pretty cheap, so you got a lot of money for your Tahoe. You would have been lucky to get $5000 around here.