What alarmsand remote starts r u guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyAces

Reaction score
Looking to keep my now yukon in my driveway... What systems are you guys running and how much? I also want remote start to. Used to have a code alarm/starter a long time ago... it was ok. I see a lot of Vipers too. Thanks

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with an omega. I dont know if it is a good alarm.I know nothing about alarms, other than i dont like them.

510Kon

Reaction score
I have an Autopage alarm/starter. Comes with a full visual key remote. Alerts you when the alarm goes off within a 2 mile radius. Also tells you if the shock sensor or door is open caused the alarm to trigger. Pretty cool when you are at work and have to park a distance away.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the Viper brand under Directed Electronics(DEI) is good, but like Boostaholic said DEI is a good company in general.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
DEI Viper 5900 LCD paging remote start alarm system, 1 mile range. Integrated to heated seats and rear window and outside mirror defrosters. Window roll up/down, headlight activation, dual-stage motion, shock, and glass-break sensors, 15 sirens and horn-honk, 2 piezos.
The transmitter will alert you to which zone has been tampered with (doors, liftgate/trunk, shock sensor, ignition, and hood). Most shops include alarm and installation in the ballpark of roughly $500 for this and similar systems like the Clifford 50.5x, Viper 791, etc.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Integrated to heated seats and rear window and outside mirror defrosters. Window roll up/down, headlight activation...

So, does that mean that you can control these things from your remote? Wow, controlling the power windows from a remote would be SWEET!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DEI Viper 5900 LCD paging remote start alarm system, 1 mile range. Integrated to heated seats and rear window and outside mirror defrosters. Window roll up/down, headlight activation, dual-stage motion, shock, and glass-break sensors, 15 sirens and horn-honk, 2 piezos.
The transmitter will alert you to which zone has been tampered with (doors, liftgate/trunk, shock sensor, ignition, and hood). Most shops include alarm and installation in the ballpark of roughly $500 for this and similar systems like the Clifford 50.5x, Viper 791, etc.

about how much would that cost me??

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about how much would that cost me??
Depends on the shop and what features you want. Adding extra functions is fairly easy to wire to each channel but most shops will charge $600+ installed for the alarm with bypass and remote start with the basic stuff. Get a deal from an installer and a shop (like I did) and they're around $550 otd.

diffrnt

Reaction score
I have the Viper 5701 with remote start, 2 stage shock sensor and proximity sensor. I will add other sensors later as well as the piezo sirens. The new 2 way transmitter was the reason that I went with this system. And the alarm status light, lights up the front of the cabin in blue…it’s so cool :thumbsup:

tekkitan

Reaction score

I have this alarm sitting in a box waiting to be installed. I need to find a good place to take it. I was thinking about doing it myself but if the word is crappy I can only blame myself! I believe there is a few Viper alarm dealers in my area that also install, so I think all should be good.

EL_OCHO

Reaction score
I just got the Viper 5900 installed with the 508D radar sensor, which adds extra protection. Had it installed for $650.00. Very nice alarm system.

gmoney_2010

Reaction score
How hard would one of these nicer viper starters/alarms be to install myself? All I really need is the remote start cause there is no need for an alarm in high school parking lot.. So maybe just like the viper 5301?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible to put gps tracking in my car? like put a gps thing in there somewhere and have a website or something that shows where my car is at all times? sounds like this would work well in addition to having an alarm system, so if it actually does get stolen, i still can track it down