What can i expect!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what can i expect as far as the speed variation when i put wheels ant tires on? i went with 24'' kmc slides and im most likely going to drop it. will the speedometer read different than what my actuall traveling speed is? If so by how much, and can a black bear tune fix this? thanks guys (love this site!!!)

NASTY GM

Reaction score
If you go 305-35-24 tires the speedo should be about the same. With the 24's and lowering it's not going to ride like stock. Depending how low you go and what kit you use will make a difference. But it's going to look cool :cool2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
My speedo is off by about 5 mph @ 60. If you look right below the General Off-Topic forum, there's a thread with a tire calculator. You can punch in your stock size tires, then your new tire size and it will tell you your speedometer variation and tire diameters.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys yeah i chcked the website and they said it would read 2.5 miles per hour faster than i am traveling... maby this will keep me from getting another speeding ticket.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i ordered them a few days ago and i will be recieving them 2-3rd week in january i will for sure post some pictures! kmc is on backorder and its really pissing me off i got told they would be here in a 2-3 days and now they say 2-3 weeks

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that the speedometer runs at the same pace with the odometer.

The faster the speedometer reads, the faster the odometer rolls.

In the end you will have 70,000 true miles that's showing 77,000 on the dashboard.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered the semi gloss 24'' black. so excited=D and yeah thanks i looked it up and they say it will only be off by 2 milesper hour so i figured i would still get the tuner hahaha!

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'M wrong, but I don't think a Black Bear Tune is going to correct the speedometer/odometer issue.

The only thing the BB tune will do is give you a performance/HP gain.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was hoping some one on here would say it would... i think it would, if it doesent i will probably not worry about it, my warentee goes up in leik 4000 miles and thatds when ill put the air intake, chip, exhaust. and other performance stuff that void your basic warentee