What I saw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CutchZ71

Reaction score
On my trip from Ohio to Fla and back, I spent most of the drive checking out all the different Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades on the road. I was hoping to see different color Z's but only saw three Z71's total and they were all black.:cool2: Definately more Yukons on the road, and I may be biased here but the Tahoe just looks awesome coming down the road. A lot of Black, white and gold non Z71's and they all looked great.

tomm

Reaction score
On my trip from Ohio to Fla and back, I spent most of the drive checking out all the different Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades on the road. I was hoping to see different color Z's but only saw three Z71's total and they were all black.:cool2: Definately more Yukons on the road, and I may be biased here but the Tahoe just looks awesome coming down the road. A lot of Black, white and gold non Z71's and they all looked great.

I personally would have preferred an Escalade but could not reason myself into spending 20K more. My Tahoe is basically the same body which I really liked so I loaded it up and I have been happy with it. Its a first year for the new body style... In the next few years they will be everywhere you look.

rod456

Reaction score
Its a first year for the new body style... In the next few years they will be everywhere you look.

Yep, same for any cookie cutter vehicle........ Just modes of transportation.:sleep: :sleep:

Guardian

Reaction score
I can't understand why there arn't many more sports red metallic Z71s or LTZs on the road. It's such an outstanding color especially with a titanium interior or the ebony and light titanium! Just looks sharp!

I won't be able to buy my Tahoe until early next year, around Mar or Apr. If the body style and interior doesn't change much in '08, then I wouldn't be upset to buy a fully loaded '07 in 2008! My choices for an '07 might be seriously limited. Of course I would try hard to get an '08 LT3 Z71 or a loaded LTZ. :eek:

Let's get some color on the roads!!!!! :clapping:

I am aware that the sports red metallic color is being dropped in '08 and replaced with ruby red. Got to see what that looks like in person!

My Tahoe is going to be my RETIREMENT present! 40 years working for the Government and I'm done! :thumbsup:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in Kenosha, WI I saw a sport red Z71. That's the color I had for both of my Tahoe's and wish I had a GMT800 Z71 Tahoe with that color. When I get my GMT900 Tahoe it will be either Graystone Metallic or Sport/Ruby Red.

CutchZ71

Reaction score
Yep, same for any cookie cutter vehicle........ Just modes of transportation.:sleep: :sleep:

If you're so bored with your mode of transportation, why are you on here, Oh thats right every forum has at least a few :thumbsup:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you dont see too many red Tahoes because many people believe that a red vehicle that size is too easy a target for the police. I dont know if it is a target for the police though.
I think any color they are making looks good if it is clean and polished.
BTW, I have a Z71 with the ebony and titanium seats, Silver birch exterior.
I haven't seen any other Z71 tahoes on the road, I see a lot of Z71 pickups though.

Guardian

Reaction score
Rafael, you are probably Oh so right!

That could be my problem for sure! Of course, with the '08s, the color will be ruby red which might be darker and they'll just let met zoom on by! Right?

:D

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you worked for the Government so you can boss them around.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also noticed that I see a lot of tahoes with dents on the rear bumper. Those folks should invest in a backup camera.

Guardian

Reaction score
I see'em all the time around San Antonio. Keep pointing them out so much that my Wife just ignores me now! Oh, wait! She does that anyway! :)

It just kills me to be sitting in my Lexus RX330 and having to look up to see the driver in a Tahoe!!!! Man, that ain't right! My Lexus was an experiment gone bad! Very nice car; ain't no SUV! Way too small and I don't care what the dang gas mileage is! :(

I do have trouble finding the Tahoes around here sitting still ! I'd like to talk to the owners to find out how they really like their Tahoe! Where in S.A. did they buy theirs, how's the ride, etc...nothing like first hand information! Just gotta' catch one not movin' ! :thumbsup:

ChadTahoeZ71

Reaction score
We had several months of searching but finally got our '07 Silver Birch Z71, Ebony interior, with just about every option available at the end of Feb. I then saw one identical to it on the lot 3 weeks ago. this is the only other Z71 I've seen.

CutchZ71

Reaction score
Its been somewhat surprising especially on a trip that far to only see three Z's, but at the same time other Tahoe drivers were looking hard and even a few thumbs up. First night at the Condo parked in a row were My black Z71 a new black LTZ suburban, a black Denali (previous model) and a new black navigator. I did see two black Z71 Avalanches and one sport red Av Z71 on the way down but the rest, and there were alot, were non Z's. All look fantastic coming down the road.

izmir2002

Reaction score
Last week i was driving to tulsa from st louis,i saw at least 25 "07" denali"s in 350 miles.i probably saw couple tahoe"s n escalades !!!!! i wish i payed extra 10 g and got escalade !!!

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 10grand you saved by not buying an escalade will buy you years of gasoline and detailings.

Guardian

Reaction score
I second Rafael! $10K worth of gas money is a lot to spend on basically the same vehicle!